Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowships – 2019 in Canadian universities
Application for UBC Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowships – 2019 from eligible and interested candidates in Canadian universities and the Canada Council for the Arts
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Research Fellowships – 2019
About- The Killam Scholarship and Prize Programmes were established in memory of Izaak Walton Killam through the Will of his wife, Dorothy Johnston Killam, and through gifts made during her lifetime. Their primary purpose is to support advanced education and research at five Canadian universities and the Canada Council for the Arts. Postdoctoral Research Fellowships – 2019
Research/Job Area- Most fields of research
Location-University of British Columbia
Canadian universities and the Canada Council for the Arts
- Must have completed all requirements of their PhD no more than 24 months prior to the anticipated fellowship start date. Completion of PhD requirements refers to the date that the applicant completed all the steps required for obtaining their degree.
- Although these requirements may vary by institution and degree type, they normally include thesis defense corrections and thesis deposition. It is not the convocation date.
- The period of eligibility may be extended for applicants who have had their career interrupted or delayed for the purpose of childrearing, illness, or health-related family responsibilities.
- The interruption(s) or delay(s) must have occurred after the applicant completed all the requirements of their PhD. Note that the eligibility window will only be extended by the duration of the delay(s) or interruption(s), to a maximum of one year. Justification for the extension must be provided in the Special Circumstances attachment.
- Must not have pursued PhD-level studies at any campus of the University of British Columbia.
- Must not currently hold a tenure-track or continuing faculty position at a university or college. Applicants who currently hold a temporary, term, or non-tenure track faculty appointments are eligible to apply.
- May be citizens of any country; though there are no restrictions regarding nationality of applicants, successful candidates must be able to meet all Canadian immigration requirements
Job/Position Description- The UBC Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are provided annually from the Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Fund for Advanced Studies and are available for most fields of research. It was Mrs. Killam’s desire that those selected to receive fellowships: “be likely to contribute to the advancement of learning or to win distinction in a profession. A Killam scholar should not be a one-sided person… Special distinction of intellect should be founded upon sound character.”
The number of new awards offered each year presently varies between three and five.
Annual Value: $50,000 annual stipend for a maximum of two years, plus a travel research allowance of $4,000 over two years
Award Status: Active
How to Apply- The applicant completes and submits an application form and arranges delivery of all required documents to the UBC department or unit to which the application is being made. Each UBC department or unit sets its own deadline for receipt of applications.
For a list of departments and units, please see:
- Vancouver campus
- Okanagan campus
For detailed information, the application and nomination forms and guides will be available in summer 2019.
For Contact- Enquiries about the Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship can be directed to [email protected].
Last Date for Apply– 8 November 2019