Designation/Position- Lead Engineer – System Modeling for Electrification
Eaton, Hadapsar Pune, India invites application for Lead Engineer – System Modeling for Electrification position from eligible and interested candidates
About- Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
Research/Job Area- Mechanical / Systems & Controls / Instrumentation
Location- Eaton, Hadapsar Pune, India
- Required: Master’s Degree in Mechanical / Systems & Controls / Instrumentation from reputed institutes with 8+ years of experience in system modeling & simulation. Having experience working with vehicle systems & xEV is added advantage.
- Proven skills in developing & deploying system models / math models, guiding & mentoring others
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Expert user of MATLAB/SimuLink, GT suite or equivalent .Thorough understanding of physics based system modeling & interfacing with controls for electrification of mechanical and hydraulics power components & systems
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job/Position Description- The primary responsibility is to lead and define system modeling for electrification including xEVs, MEA for aerospace and power blending for hydraulics. Candidate must have strong background and experience in physics based modeling & simulation of electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulics systems.
- Scopes performance requirements of electrical, electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulics systems & guides team members to develop system models to come up feasible solutions
- Interfaces with global internal Eaton stakeholders and cross functional team members including controls, software and systems engineering.
- Leads technical portfolio of on & off highway Vehicle, Aerospace electrification
- Defines strategy for the portfolio by in alignment with business goals.
- Guides and mentors senior engineers working on developing and deploying system/plant models.
- Defines right methods, tools and process in this type of simulation leveraging existing models and methods. Knowledge in Design for Six Sigma tool usage (DFSS) is preferred.
- Provides hands-on solutions on business critical projects; Leads critical reviews and provides technical mentoring on complex projects involving multiple technologies for completeness and compatibility with organizational objectives and standards
- Takes ownership for Quality goals and helps technology manager to meet BSC measures for the group
- Develops subject matter experts in the CoE through technical training, guidance and mentoring
- Drives innovation in the group and establishes IP through patents, trade secrets and technical publications
- Leads internal forums like ERG’s and participates in external forums & professional bodies through Technical papers
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
Last Date for Apply– Till position end