Designation/Position- Leading Postdoc fellow Programme
Leading Postdoc fellow Programme is available for eligible and interested candidates in Netherlands Universities
About-The LEaDing Fellows Programme provides 90 researchers from all over the world who recently obtained a PhD, with the opportunity to gain two years of work experience in the challenging, internationally acclaimed and multidisciplinary environment offered by Leiden University, Leiden University Medical Centre, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus Medical Centre and Delft University of Technology.
Leiden University, Delft University of Technology, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Leiden University Medical Centre and Erasmus Medical Centre have a long tradition of bottom-up collaborations between excellent research groups in the fields of natural sciences and technology – often as part of larger partnerships. Researchers work together in nanotechnology, nano-biology, quantum physics, biotechnology, nanotechnology and bio-nanoscience, chemistry, mathematics and computer science, with interuniversity research groups operating at the forefront of research.
Research/Job Area-Various research area
Location-Universities in the Netherlands
- Applicants of all nationalities are eligible, unless national, international or European legislation or embargos prohibit specific (combinations of (sub) disciplines and) countries of origin.
- Applicants shall not have spent more than 12 months in the Netherlands in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date.
- Applicant should have obtained their PhD before the recruitment date and less than 60 months prior to the recruitment date. This application window can be extended with 6 months for pregnancy (per child), parental leave (max. 6 months per child), training for medical specialists (3 years) or compulsory and reserve military service (actual time). Evidencing documentation must be added to the application as an annex.
For the third call the recruitment date is set on the 1st of May 2019.
- If you have doubts about fulfilling the eligibility criteria please contact the Project Office ([email protected])
Job/Position Description- The LEaDing Fellows Programme provides post-doc positions in the multidisciplinary environment offered by Leiden University, Leiden University Medical Centre, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus Medical Centre and Delft University of Technology.
The evaluation and selection process will take place from November 2018 until May 2019 and comprises the following steps.
- Applicants submit their application via e-mail to [email protected] before 31 October 2018.
- Applicants receive a confirmation of receipt, soon after submitting their proposal. They will be informed about their eligibility, ultimately on the 15th of November 2018.
- Soon after the call deadline, a Panel of experts evaluates and shortlists the applications to three times the number of positions available. Each application is evaluated by three panel members. The average score of the evaluators counts. From 19 December 2018 on applicants will be informed whether their proposal is on the shortlist or not.
- All proposals on the shortlist will be reviewed by external peers during the period January – March 2019.
- In April 2019, the Panel will draft a ranked invitation list based on the average score of the peer reviews.
- The LEaDing Fellows Steering Committee will decide on the final invitation list in April 2019. Applicants and hosting groups will be informed about this by the 1st of May 2019.
In all steps of the selection process, the same selection criteria apply.
In the LEaDing Fellows Postdoc Programme 90 positions are available. Recruitment is divided in three calls, accommodating first 20, then 40 and finally 30 fellows.
Terms of employment
Each appointed fellow will be employed by one of the three universities or two university medical centres. They will be offered a full-time, fixed term employment contract for a period of 24 months.
Employment conditions and remuneration will be according to the collective labour agreement (CAO) of the Dutch universities (CAO Nederlandse Universiteiten) or the Academic Medical Centres (CAO Universitair Medische Centra). The annual gross salary will vary between 40.000 – 55.000 euro’s per year, depending on work experience.
How to Apply-
- First, verify that you fulfil the eligibility criteria;
- Secondly, carefully read the call for proposal and discover if your research field is covered at one of the LEaDing fellows institutions;
- Thirdly, carefully read the guide for applicants;
- Fourthly, contact your potential hosting group;
- Fifthly, fill out the application form and read the instructions carefully;
- Submit your application form (as one document, pdf format) prior call deadline by email to [email protected].
For Contact- LEaDing Fellows Programme Office
Last Date for Apply–31 October 2018