Macquarie University Research Fellowships (MQRF) for Postdoc Position
Designation/Position- Macquarie University Research Fellowships (MQRF)
Macquarie University, Australia invites application for Macquarie University Research Fellowships (MQRF) from eligible and interested candidates
About- Macquarie is the University of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie, you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Research/Job area– Subject offered by University.
Location- Macquarie University, Australia
- Applicants are eligible only if their PhD has been awarded on or after 1 March 2017 (or if
they have successfully made a case at Expression of Interest stage for an exemption to
this rule); or their thesis will be submitted on or before 26 August 2020.
- The Fellowship cannot commence until the PhD has been awarded, which must be by 30 June 2021.
- Applicants who do not meet the eligibility criterion set out above, must make a convincing case for early career researcher status in their Expression of Interest application.
- Circumstances establishing early career status beyond the definition above could include career interruptions due to non-research employment, debilitating illness, childbirth, misadventure or carer responsibilities.
- If the successful applicant is not an Australian citizen and does not have permanent resident status, s/he must obtain the necessary visa from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection before taking up the Fellowship.
- Fellows must be in full-time attendance at Macquarie University for the entire term of the Fellowship, with the exception of approved field work and travel.
- Applicants who were/are PhD candidates at Macquarie University, or who have had full-time, part-time, or casual employment at Macquarie University since the beginning of 2017, must make a case (in the appropriate section of the Expression of Interest Form) for why it is appropriate for them to continue or recommence their research career at Macquarie University.
Job/Position Description- Macquarie University will offer up to 10 full-time postdoctoral Research Fellowships, commencing in 2021. Full information including the funding rules and application material are available at MQ Research Fellowships.
The purpose of the Macquarie University Research Fellowships (MQRF) Scheme is to support researchers within three years of the award of their PhD who have an outstanding track record (relative to opportunity) and who show evidence of excellent research potential.
Commencing in this round, the University assessment panel will be advised by the Macquarie University Gender Equity Committee to consider issues of gender equity as part of their decision making, with the expectation that at least 40% of the 10 fellowship recipients who are funded by this scheme will be female, and at least 40% will be male.
In addition to salary, MQ Research Fellows are eligible for up to AUD $50,000 over three years for project costs.
Appointment Type: Fixed-term (three years), full-time Level A academic appointment.
Salary package: From AUD $88,420 p.a. (Level A, Step 6) plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
- All applicants are encouraged to take advantage of any mentoring or other grant writing assistance provided within their Faculty prior to submitting their application.
- Applicants should talk to their Head of Department or Faculty Research Manager for more information.
- Please avoid copying and pasting standard form text, particularly in relation to sponsor fit and environment.
Last Date for Apply– 14 May 2020
Closing Date: Thursday 14 May 2020, 5pm (AEST)
(NB: Check with your Faculty Research Office who may have earlier deadlines)
Outcomes Expected: Friday 26 June 2020
Full Proposal (by invitation only) Key Dates:
Opening Date: Friday 26 June 2020
Faculty Deadline: Please contact your Faculty Research Office directly for earlier deadlines that you will need to meet.
Closing Date: Tuesday 4 August 2020, 5pm (AEST)
Sponsor & HoD Reports Due: Friday 7 August 2020, 5pm (AEST)
Independent Reviewer Reports Due: TBC
Outcomes Expected: Anticipated release early October