Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Fellow
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia invites application for Postdoctoral Fellow position from eligible and interested candidates
About- At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Research/Job Area- Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or Bioinformatics
Location- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or Bioinformatics.
Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part time equivalent) of relevant postdoctoral experience.
- Evidence of developing machine learning methodology (e.g. RF, SVM, ANN) as well as more than one language relevant for bioinformatics (e.g. Python, Java, C++, Scala, BASH, R).
- Proven impact from developing solutions on multiple cloud vendors (AWS, Alibaba cloud, GCP Azure) and experience with Hadoop-based distributed compute systems (SPARK, FLINK).
- Experience in health and bioinformatics research, specifically analysis of medical data (HPO, Snomed, FHIR) and handling of genomic variant information (VCF) of large cohorts.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
- A record of science innovation and creativity, plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
Job/Position Description- Research group is looking for a PhD qualified Data Scientist with experience in genomic and medical (phenome) data analysis, as well as demonstrated knowledge of cloud services from multiple vendors (AWS, Alibaba, GCP, Azure) to help us bring advanced IT solutions to human health applications.
Postdoctoral Fellowships at CSIRO provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years relevant postdoctoral work experience.These fellowships will help launch their careers, provide experience that will enhance their career prospects, and facilitate the recruitment and development of potential leaders for CSIRO.
The successful candidate to join the high-performing Transformational Bioinformatics and Clinical Imaging Teams within the Australian e-Health Research Centre (AEHRC). The selected candidate will achieve impact by developing novel analysis strategies for combining genomic and other phenotypic data (e.g. medical image metrics) using the latest in BigData and cloud computing technologies.
How to Apply- To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Last Date for Apply– Sunday 9 December 2018