Designation/Position- Milyon 2019-2021 postdoctoral positions
MILYON, France invites application for Milyon 2019-2021 postdoctoral positions from eligible and interested candidates
About- MILYON is a LabEx (Laboratoire d’Excellence), a center of Excellence, carried forward by the researchers in the fields of mathematics and theoretical computer science of the University of Lyon in the region of Lyon Saint-Etienne.
MILYON is one of the projects of Excellence that was awarded a LabEx grant (Laboratoire d’Excellence) by the French National Agency for Research (ANR), as part of the program “Investments for the Future” (Investissements d’Avenir) after a first call for proposals in 2010.MILYON is one of the twelve LabEx awarded to the University of Lyon.
Research/Job Area- Mathematics or fundamental Computer Science
Location- The candidates will do their research in one of the following research units:
- Camille Jordan Institute (ICJ)
- Laboratory of Computing Parallelism (LIP)
- Unit of Pure and Applied Mathematics (UMPA)
Eligibility/Qualification– Candidates must have obtained a doctorate in mathematics or fundamental Computer Science before October 1st, 2019.
The Excellence Laboratory Milyon recreates one or two postdoctoral researchers in Mathematics / Computer Science for the 2019-2021 period.
Top level candidates are highly encouraged to apply: The Milyon research unit covers most of the fields in Mathematics and fundamental Computer Science.
Research positions with no teaching duty.
Two year contract.
Net salary: 2,179 € / month. Basic social security included.
€ 1,500 / year allowance for work-related expenses.
How to Apply- Applications must be completed online.
The application includes:
- a curriculum vitae
- a list of publications
- a research project
- up to two letters of recommendation from researchers external to Lyon
- a letter from the scientific advisor in Lyon (the application has to be supported by a researcher in one of the three units of the Labex Milyon)
- Damien Gaboriau (UMPA)> [email protected]
- Guillaume Hanrot (LIP)> [email protected]
- Frédéric Lagoutière (ICJ)> [email protected]
- Carine Sevestre> [email protected]
Last Date for Apply–
- Deadline for application: January 8 th, 2019, at 11:59 pm (GMT + 1).
- Results are communicated before the end of February, 2019.