SERB – National Post Doctoral Fellowship (N-PDF) 2020 – Researchersjob
Designation- SERB – National Post Doctoral Fellowship (N-PDF)
Science and Engineering Research Board, India invites application for SERB – National Post Doctoral Fellowship (N-PDF) 2020 from eligible and interested candidates
About – The SERB – National Post Doctoral Fellowship (N-PDF) is aimed to identify motivated young researchers and provide them support for doing research in frontier areas of science and engineering. The fellows will work under a mentor, and it is hoped that this training will provide them a platform to develop as an independent researcher.
Research/Job Area- Science and engineering
Age Limit- 35 years (Age relaxation according to government rules)
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen
- The applicant must have obtained Ph.D/M.D/M.S degree from a recognized University. Those who have submitted their PhD/M.D/M.S thesis and are awaiting award of the degree are also eligible to apply.
- NPDF can be availed only once by a candidate in his/her career.
- Mentor must hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized institution in India.Should hold Ph.D. degree in Science or Engineering.
- A mentor shall not have more than two SERB NPDF fellows at any given time.
- Applicants of NPDF, ECRA and EMR can submit their proposal only once in a calender year in any of these schemes.
Job Description- The fellowship is well-founded only in India and can be carried out in any of the recognized academic institutions, national laboratories and other recognized R & D institutions. The host institution should furnish essential administrative and infrastructural support
Scholarship/Salary Detail- Fellowship Rs. 55,000/- p.m. (consolidated) and Rs. 35,000/ p.m for candidates who have submitted the thesis but degree not awarded.
Research Grant-Rs. 2,00,000/- per annum
Overheads-Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum
How to Apply-
Step 1: First register into http://serbonline.in website.
Step 2: Fill all the detail Profile Detail section under User Profile. This includes Bio-data, Photo, and Institute Address etc.
Step 3: Details including Project Title (max 500 characters), Project summary (max 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Objectives of project (max 1500 characters), Expected output and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters) should be provided online at the time of application submission.
Step 1: Work Methodology and Research plan has to be uploaded in single PDF file not more than 3 pages (max 10 MB).
Documents required (in PDF) should be in prescribed format:
- Bio-data (under user profile section) Download Template
- Age Proof Certificate
- Qualification Certificate
- Category Certificate (in case of Age Relaxation)
- Undertaking Certificate by the applicant Download Template
- Endorsement Certificate from the Mentor & Host Institute Download Template
- Short CV of the mentor (see online portal for its format)
- CV of Mentor Download Template
Last Date to Apply- 13 May 2020 (Date Extended)