National Research Foundation (NRF) Fellowship in Singapore
Designation/Position- NRF Fellowship
National Research Foundation (NRF), Singapore invites application for NRF Fellowship from eligible and interested candidates
About- The National Research Foundation (NRF), set up on 1 January 2006, is a department within the Prime Minister’s Office. The NRF sets the national direction for research and development (R&D) by developing policies, plans and strategies for research, innovation and enterprise. It also funds strategic initiatives and builds up R&D capabilities by nurturing research talent. The NRF aims to transform Singapore into a vibrant R&D hub that contributes towards a knowledge-intensive, innovative and entrepreneurial economy; and make Singapore a magnet for excellence in science and innovation.
Research/Job Area- Science and technology (Computer Science, including Infocomm Technologies and Interactive Digital Media, Engineering, Life Sciences and Natural/Physical
Location- Various institutions in Singapore.
The award is contingent on the awardee taking on a full time appointment in an eligible host institution in Singapore. Equivalent position includes lecturers, research assistant professors and adjunct professors holding non-tenured position.
- Outstanding researchers of any nationality, in their early stage of their research careers and are ready to take on their independent research, are eligible to apply.
- PhD holders with research experience in AI or AI-related fields.
- Applicant must not be holding an Assistant Professor or equivalent position2 at a local research institutions for more than 1 year at the point of submission (i.e. defined by grant call closing date).
- Applicant must not be at the RSE 3 level and above for more than 1 year at the point of submission (for A*STAR applicants).
- Applicant must not be a recipient of a similar early career award in Singapore.
- Applicant must be committed to take up an independent research
appointment on a full-time basis in Singapore, if selected.
Job/Position Description- NRF is launching a NRF Fellowship for artificial intelligence (AI) to attract and recruit outstanding young researchers from around the world to lead impactful and independent AI research in Singapore.
The Fellowship offers:
- A five-year research grant of up to SGD 3 million, inclusive of general overheads.
- Freedom to lead ground-breaking research in host institution of choice in Singapore.
How to Apply-
- All applications and supporting documents for the Singapore NRF Fellowship
scheme must be submitted through the Integrated Grant Management System
(IGMS) at (https://researchgrant.gov.sg). Separate submissions outside of IGMS
will not be considered.
- Please download the IGMS User Guide (For NRF Fellowship applicants) from
the IGMS system for more information on the submission process.
- Applicants will first need to register for a user account on the Integrated Grant
Management System (IGMS).
- All attachments uploaded on IGMS as part of the Singapore NRF Fellowship
application process must be clearly labelled to facilitate easy identification of the
- Applications which are incomplete (e.g. missing CV, research proposal or
registration form) or not submitted by the specified deadline will not be
For Contact- Email: [email protected]
For any other NRF Fellowship related queries – [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 28 February 2020