Netaji Subhas-ICAR Fellowships for Indian and Overseas researchers
Designation/Position- Netaji Subhas-ICAR Fellowships
Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi, India invites application for Netaji Subhas-ICAR Fellowships from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) invites applications from the Indian as well as overseas nationals having Master’s degree in Agriculture and allied sciences for the Netaji Subhas-ICAR International Fellowships (NS-ICAR IFs) for the year 2019-20. Netaji Subhas-ICAR Fellowships
Research/Job Area- Crop Sciences, Horticulture, Biotechnology and nanotechnology, Animal Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Agricultural Engineering and Fisheries
Location- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi, India
For study in the identified institutions having strong research and teaching capabilities and adequate strength in terms of faculty and infrastructure facilities, the NS ICAR-IFs are tenable at:
identified overseas institutions in case of Indian candidates and
identified Indian Agricultural Universities (AUs) from ICAR-AU system in India in case of overseas candidates.
1. Master’s degree in agriculture/allied sciences with an Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) 6.60 out of 10.0 or 65% marks or equivalent will be the eligibility requirement for the NS-ICAR IFs.
2. The fresh candidates should not be more than 35 years of age on the last date prescribed for receipt of applications. The upper age limit for In-service candidates will be 40 years on the last date for receipt of applications.
3. The notification for fellowship will contain the detailed eligibility requirements.
4. Netaji Subhas- ICAR IF would be available for both, fresh and in-service candidates. However, the fresh candidates should have completed their qualifying degree not more than two years before the specified date in the year of admission. The inservice candidates from India should be employed in the ICAR-AU system.
5. The Council will identify and announce the priority areas of research and the list of institutions for admission, one year in advance, for availing the Netaji Subhas- ICAR IFs.
- The NS-ICAR IFs are available for pursuing doctoral degree in agriculture and allied sciences, in the identified priority areas, to the
- (i) Indian candidates for study abroad in the identified overseas Universities/Institutions having strong research and teaching capabilities and
- (ii) to overseas candidates for study in the Indian Agricultural Universities (AUs) in the ICAR-AUs system.
Thirty fellowships for duration of three years will be available.
How to Apply- The candidate should submit an application for the fellowship, on-line, in the prescribed format.
Application should be submitted (one hard copy by post and one soft copy by email) to the Assistant Director General (EQR), Education Division, ICAR, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan II, Pusa, New Delhi-110012(email: [email protected]).
Last Date for Apply– 30 August 2019