Designation/Position- NGS Scholarship (NGSS)
NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering invites application for NGS Scholarship (NGSS) from for eligible and interested candidates
About- The NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering (NGS) is a school that promotes interdisciplinary PhD research and education. Our students work at the forefront of science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine at NUS.
NGS offers generous direct-PhD scholarships to outstanding individuals of all nationalities who have excellent academic credentials and strong research potential. NGS welcomes talented students from a wide variety of disciplines to pursue research that cuts across disciplinary boundaries. Our unique research-intensive programme admits only the best candidates who will undergo rigorous training to achieve excellence in their chosen areas of research.
All NGS scholars are supervised by distinguished faculty members who provide research mentorship throughout the PhD programme. NGS provides a unique interdisciplinary curriculum that includes courses on ethics, professional skills, and interdisciplinary research and learning. Our scholars have access to ample resources within the world-class infrastructure that NUS provides.
Students may, with the consent of their supervisors and NGS deanery, conduct up to two years of their PhD research at one of our partner institutions in the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, Japan or China.
Research/Job Area- Sciences and Engineering
Location- NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering, National University of Singapore
- Opens worldwide.
- Graduates with a passion for cross-disciplinary research in science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine.
- Graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications.
- GRE is
- compulsory for all applicants, Please note it cannot be substituted by GATE.
- compulsory for NUS and NTU Masters students and graduates.
- only waived for NUS, NTU and SUTD Bachelor degree holders and final-year undergraduates.
- TOEFL / IELTS (either can be used) is only compulsory for applicants whose
- native tongue
- medium of undergraduate instruction
is not in English
- Students are not eligible for the President’s Graduate Fellowship (PGF).
- Award is renewable, subject to satisfactory academic performance of CAP ≥ 3.8 at the end of every semester.
- Applicants doing a Masters programme at the point of application
- before matriculating in NGS for PhD at NGS.
- must have officially completed the Masters programme, and
- must have been conferred the Masters degree
Applicants who have submitted their Masters thesis only, but who
- have not officially graduated from the Masters programme, and
- have not been conferred the Masters degree
must therefore defer their admission (from matriculation to registration) into NGS, until the Masters degree has been officially awarded.
- required to serve any bond after graduation from existing (be it Bachelor / Master’s) programme, and who intend to commence their NGS’ PhD immediately after official graduation
- serving any bond at the point of application to NGS’ PhD
should declare such information in the Questionnaire section of the application form.
Successful applicants should automatically, in their own initiative, apply for deferment of serving of the bond. The official memo documenting the approval of deferment of bond service should be submitted to NGS at least one month before matriculation into NGS’ PhD.
Job/Position Description- The NGS Scholarship is awarded to talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research.
- Monthly stipend, up to 4 years of the PhD studies, OR up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier, of
- S$3,500 for Singapore Citizens, plus Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer’s contribution rate set by CPF
- S$3,200 for Singapore Permanent Residents
- S$3,000 for International students
- Full tuition fee subsidy for 4 years.
- Other allowances include
- computer allowance
- book allowance
- conference allowance.
- Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot exit with MSc.
How to Apply- Please follow the application instructions HERE in its entirety.
- the application deadline.
- Please refer to the application instructions HERE for comprehensive details.
For NGS Scholarship – specific enquiries, please contact Ms Anuradha Chandra <[email protected]>.
Last Date for Apply– 15 December 2018
- Only COMPLETE (with all required documents) application(s) received BEFORE the application deadline will be processed.
- Completed / Incomplete application received AFTER the application deadline will be automatically considered for the next Intake.