Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Fellow
Paul Scherrer Institute PSI, Switzerland invites application for Postdoctoral Fellow position from eligible and interested candidates.
About- The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether PSI employs 2100 people.
Research/Job Area- Engineering, energy/environmental science, economics and/or policy
Location- Paul Scherrer Institute PSI, Switzerland
- PhD degree or an equivalent advanced degree in engineering, energy/environmental science, economics and/or policy
- Very good skills in quantitative methods and optimisation tools, preferably experiences in the application of energy modelling frameworks such as TIMES
- Prior experience in modelling of transportation sector is desirable
- Good understanding of techno-economic characteristics of mobility technologies
- Exposure to the Swiss and European energy policy issues, such as decarbonisation of transportation strategy is an advantage
- Good English language skills are essential. German language is highly desirable
- Publications in peer reviewed international journals
Job/Position Description- Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to two years.
- Cutting-edge research related to integrated energy systems analysis
- Develop an appropriate method/tool to incorporate behavioural aspects and modal shift for the transport module of PSI’s Swiss TIMES energy system model
- Quantification of decarbonisation pathways for the Swiss transport sector in the Swiss/European context
- Contribute to research projects and lead research projects as well as acquisition of funding for new projects
How to Apply-Please submit your application online (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 4502-03).
For Contact- Dr Tom Kober, phone +41 56 310 26 31.
Last Date for Apply– Till position end