Designation/Position- PhD Student
Paul Scherrer Institute PSI, Switzerland invites application for PhD student position from candidates having profile in the area of electrochemistry and energy technology.
About- The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether PSI employs 2100 people.
Research/Job Area- Electrochemistry and energy technology
Project Title- Antioxidant strategies for fuel cell membranes
Location- Paul Scherrer Institute PSI, Switzerland
- University degree in chemistry or chemical engineering
- Solid background in organic synthesis and characterization
- Creative, hands-on personality
- Well-developed communication skills & good command of the english language (spoken & written)
- Knowledge of electrochemistry is helpful
- Willingness to develop a profile in the area of electrochemistry and energy technology
Job/Position Description- Institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
- Develop concepts for the stabilization of aromatic hydrocarbon compounds against radical-induced degradation
- Synthesis and characterization of model compounds, antoxidants and other functional additives
- Collaboration with a Postdoctoral Fellow in the project on the understanding of the kinetics of radical attack and mitigation of damage to model compounds
- Implement promising approaches in membranes and characterize them in fuel cells
- Publishing results in international leading scientific journals
- Supporting teaching at the Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule (ETH) Zürich or the École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
How to Apply- Please submit your application online: (including addresses of referees) for the position as a PhD Student (index no. 5421-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management, Ramona Diener, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland
For Contact- Dr Lorenz Gubler, phone +41 56 310 26 73.
Last Date for Apply–Till position filled