Designation/Position- Ph.D. Programme
Centre For Nano and Soft Matter Sciences, Bengaluru, Karnatak invites application for PhD position invarious fields. Complete the Application Form and Career Sheet. Mail it to the address mentioned below or email it to apply for position.
About- The Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences (CeNS) is an autonomous research institute under Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. DST provides core support to the Centre in the form of a grant-in-aid for conducting basic and applied research in nano and soft matter sciences. CeNS is located at Jalahalli, Bengaluru.
The Centre is recognised by Mangalore and Manipal University. The students who enrol for the Ph D programmes in Physics/Chemistry obtain their degree awarded by the University. The Centre is engaged in materials research at all relevant length scales. Specifically, the current activities are focussed on a variety of metal and semiconductor nanostructures, liquid crystals, gels, membranes and hybrid materials. It has close interactions with many Institutions and Industry, in India and abroad.
Indicate areas of interest from the following:
Areas of research
- Carbon Nanomaterials: Turbostratic graphene, Graphene oxide based inorganic core-shell materials
- Nanoporous organic inorganic hybrids
- Morphology controlled metal nanocrystallites
- Textured nanocrystalline oxide films for light trapping
- Soft hybrid nanomaterials and devices: Influence of metal nanostructures on liquid crystals, Metal nanoparticles functionalized with liquid crystals, Semiconductor quantum dot – liquid crystal nanocomposites, Triboelectric responsive materials, Soft optical metamaterials, Nanostructured anisotropic organogels, Flexible thermal and photo actuators, Non close packed colloidal assemblies
- Synthesis and applications of metal and non-metal nanoparticles, ITO free transparent conducting electrodes, device fabrication
- Liquid crystalline materials: Synthesis and characterization, photo-induced effects, high pressure studies, electrical, magnetic and mechanical properties
- Nanolithography, Soft lithography
- Nanoscale electrical conductivity of Langmuir-Blodgett films, Fractal structures in Langmuir monolayers, Spreading and retraction dynamics of liquid drops
Location- Centre For Nano and Soft Matter Sciences, Bengaluru, Karnatak
Eligibility/Qualification- You should enclose photocopies of marks / grade sheets, degree / provisional certificates, CSIR-UGC NET (JRF only)/INSPIRE/GATE/JEST testimonials and other supporting documents.
How to Apply-
Complete the Application Form and Career Sheet. Mail it to the address mentioned below or email it to [email protected],
- PhD Admission
- Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences (CeNS)
- B. No.1329, Prof. U. R. Rao Road
- Jalahalli, Bengaluru – 560 013
Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Recommendations – You should arrange for two letters of recommendations by the referees who are familiar with your academic abilities and who can objectively assess your suitability for a research programme. This should be sent by the referees directly to us. Please enter the names of these two referees in the application form.
Suitable referees are:
- The Head of a Department or a Professor, or a Lecturer who has recently taught you
- An academic/technical person with whom you have carried out a scientific / technical project or with whom you have interacted scientifically for a significant length of time.