Designation/Position- PhD Researcher
ORSTAT Research Center, ku leuven university., Belgium invites application for PhD research position for candidate having Master’s degree in Business Engineering (Handelsingenieur), Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or equivalent.
About- The research group ORSTAT (Operations Research & Business Statistics) of KU Leuven (Belgium) has a vacancy for one full-time PhD scholarship for the period of September 17, 2018, until September 16, 2022, for scientific research in the field of operations research (O.R.). This work should lead to a PhD degree. The candidate will work in the general area of network design,resource scheduling and planning. Some keywords of our research domain are: combinatorial optimization, mathematical programming, stochastic and robust optimization, algorithm design.
Research/Job area– Business Engineering (Handelsingenieur), Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or equivalent
Location- ORSTAT Research Center, Belgium
- Candidates should have a strong interest in operations research and preferably hold a Master’s degree in Business Engineering (Handelsingenieur), Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or equivalent.
- An average degree of “distinction” during preliminary studies is an advantage, as well as an appropriate command of written and spoken English.
- Experience with at least one programming language is an asset. Students that are currently in the final year of their Masters are especially encouraged to apply.
Job/Position Description- The ORSTAT Research Center has expertise in Operations Research and Statistics. The research center covers a wide range of challenging topics in both areas. Research group offer an employment as full-time doctoral scholar as from now for 1 year, renewable till max. 4 years after positive evaluation. You will find a dynamic and pleasant working environment, in a group that is actively involved in scientific research at the highest international level.
How to Apply- For more information please contact Prof. dr. Roel Leus, mail: [email protected]
You can apply for this job no later than May 31, 2018 via the online application tool
If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at [email protected].
- You can apply online. If you are applying for the first time at KU Leuven, you must first register. You will then receive an email with your user-id and password. With your user-id and password, you can later manage your job application file, apply for another position or complete your file once you have been offered a position.
- In the online application tool you must upload a motivation letter and cv in pdf. We advise you to have the files on hand to easily complete your application. In the motivation letter you should specifically indicate why you are the right person for the vacant position. You can also upload a publication list, photo and/or other attachments.
- You can apply until the date specified in the vacancy announcement.