Post doc Fellowship in USA for Indian – Fulbright-Nehru Fellowships
Designation/Position- Post doc Fellowship in USA for Indian
USIEF (United States – India Educational Foundation) invites application for Post doc Fellowship in USA for Indian from eligible and interested candidates
About- These fellowships are designed for Indian faculty and researchers who are in the early stages of their research careers in India. The Postdoctoral Research Fellowships will provide opportunities to talented faculty and researchers to strengthen their research capacities. Postdoctoral fellows will have access to some of the sufficient resources in their areas of interest and will help build long-term collaborative relationships with U.S. faculty and institutions. These fellowships are for eight to 24 months.
Agricultural Sciences; Anthropology; Bioengineering; Climate Change Sciences, Computer Science (including, but not limited to, cybersecurity, digital economy, quantum computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and big data analytics); Economics; Education Policy and Planning; Energy Studies; History; International Law; International Security and Strategic Studies; Materials Science (with emphasis on environmental applications); Mathematical Sciences; Neurosciences; Performing Arts; Physical Sciences; Public Health; Public Policy; Sociology; Urban and Regional Planning (with emphasis on smart cities and waste management); Visual Arts; and Women’s and Gender Studies.
Location- U.S. host institution
In addition to the General Prerequisites:
- The applicant must have a Ph.D. or a DM degree within the past four years. S/he must have obtained a Ph.D. degree between July 16, 2016, and July 15, 2020. The applicant is required to upload his/her Ph.D. or DM degree/provisional certificate on the online application;
- the applicant must be published in reputed journals and demonstrate evidence of superior academic and professional achievement. S/he must upload a recent significant publication (copy of paper/article) on the online application; and
- If the applicant is employed, please follow the instructions carefully regarding the Letter of Support from Home Institution. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNPostdoc Letter of Support from Home Institution. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period. The applicant can download the FNPostdoc Letter of Support from Home Institution from the USIEF website. Candidates working under government-funded projects are also required to get an endorsement from their affiliating institutions in India.
Note: In the application, the applicant is required to indicate the period in which s/he can complete the proposed project in the United States. The applicant must determine the grant duration carefully. Shoulds/he is selected for a grant, it will be for the period specified in his/her application. The duration cannot be changed.
These fellowships provide J-1 visa support, a monthly stipend, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, round-trip economy class air travel, a modest settling-in allowance, and a professional allowance.
Subject to availability of funds, a dependent allowance, and international travel may be provided for one accompanying eligible dependent provided the dependent is with the grantee in the U.S. for at least 80 percent of the grant period.
- The applicant will be affiliated to ONLY one U.S. host institution for his/her grant.
- USIEF strongly recommends all applicants to identify institutions with which they wish to be affiliated and to correspond, in advance, with potential host institutions.
- The letter of invitation should indicate the duration of your visit, preferably with dates.
- If the applicant has secured a letter of invitation from a U.S. institution, it should be included as a part of the online application.
How to Apply-
- Applications must be submitted online at: https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2021
- Please carefully review the FNPostdoc Applicant Instructions before starting your online application
- Please refer to FNPostdoc Applicant Checklist before submitting the application
- In addition, you must complete and upload the following documents on your online application FNPostdoc Applicant Annexure
FNPostdoc Letter of Support from Home Institution
Last Date for Apply– 15 September 2020, 23:59:59 hrs (IST)
Timeline and Placement Process
|September 15, 2020||Application due date for 2021-2022 awards|
|October – November 2020||Field-specific experts review applications to short-list candidates|
|Mid November 2020||USIEF informs the applicants about the review outcome|
|Mid December 2020||National interviews of short-listed candidates in Delhi|
|End December 2020||USIEF notifies principal and alternate nominees that they are recommended|
|January 2021||USIEF forwards applications of recommended candidates to the U.S. for J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) approval and placement|
|March-April 2021||USIEF notifies finalists|
|May 2021||Pre-Departure Orientation|
|August-September 2021||Program begins|