Post Doc position 2019 in Italy, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT)
Designation/Position- Post Doc position 2019 in Italy
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT), Italy invites application for Post Doc position 2019 in Italy from eligible and interested candidates
About- Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is a non-profit institution created with the objective of promoting technological development and higher education in science and technology. Research at IIT is carried out in highly innovative scientific fields with state-of-the-art technology. Post Doc position 2019 in Italy
Research/Job Area- Computer science, Physics or related fields
Project Title- Object tracking and pose estimation
Location- Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT), Italy
- PhD in computer science, robotics, computer vision or related fields
- M. Sc. in Computer science, Physics or related fields;
- Ability to analyze, improve and propose new algorithms/solutions;
- Publications in top ranking conferences or journals in robotics and/or computer vision;
- Knowledge of Deep Learning for computer vision;
- Good programming skills (C/C++ or Python);
- Good communication skills and ability to cooperate within a team;
- Creative, proactive and collaborative attitude.
- Outstanding technical skills and excellent overall score in master classes;
- Familiarity with robotic middleware (e.g. YARP, ROS) and development tools (e.g. CMake and Git);
- Knowledge of Deep Learning tools (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, ….);
- Experience with algorithms for tracking and pose estimation.
The Humanoid Sensing and Perception Research Line at Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT) is seeking to appoint a post doc position on pose estimation with deep learning.
The selected candidate will join the interdisciplinary team of the iCub project. She/he will contribute to the implementation of deep learning methods for object pose estimation, in the context of a large project funded by a private company.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic post-doctoral researcher who will join our team to study algorithms for object pose estimation and the integration in a tracking framework. The focus is on algorithms that allow autonomous learning, and incremental machine learning techniques for dynamically adapting to new objects.
How to Apply- Please apply by July 15th, 2019, by sending your application to [email protected] quoting exactly “BC77039 – PostDoc on object tracking and pose estimation – LN” in the e-mail subject. Your application shall contain a detailed CV, a research statement and the contact information of two references.
Last Date for Apply– 15 July 2019