Post-Doc position 2019 in Italy, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
Designation/Position- Post-Doc position 2019 in Italy
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Italy invites application for Post-Doc position 2019 in Italy from eligible and interested candidates
About- Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, with its headquarters in Genoa, Italy, is a non-profit institution with the primary goal of creating and disseminating scientific knowledge and strengthening Italy’s technological competitiveness. IIT’s research endeavour focuses on high-tech and innovation, representing the forefront of technology with possible application from medicine to industry, computer science, robotics, life sciences and nanobiotechnologies. Post-Doc position 2019 in Italy
Research/Job Area- Physics, nanotechnologies, photonics, engineering or related areas
Project Title- Modeling and fabrication of dielectric metasurfaces for Vectorial Nano-imaging
Location- Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Italy
- Experience in using frequency and/or time-domain simulation methods and related software and CAD suits, including COMSOL Multiphysics, Lumerical – FDTD.
- PhD in physics, nanotechnologies, photonics, engineering or related areas.
- Proven track record of publications in the relevant technical areas and projects.
- Experience in nano-fabrication of optical and optoelectronic devices using: Electron Beam Lithography; Photo-lithography; thin film deposition; Reactive Ion Etching; Atomic Layer Deposition.
Strong organizational skills, creativity, motivation and communication skills (oral and written) are highly required. Finally, proficiency in English is essential.
The Center for Nano Science and Technology (CNST), an IIT Network Center based in Milano, is opening 1 Postdoctoral position in the area of “Modeling and fabrication of dielectric metasurfaces for Vectorial Nano-imaging”, to contribute in the research activities of the Research Line Vectorial Nano-imaging (PI: Dr. Antonio Ambrosio).
The main objective of this research activity is to create complex optical fields by means of metasurfaces, in several wavelength ranges and for new optical functionalities.
The selected candidate will be integrated in a highly interdisciplinary environment in a young and highly motivated research group, working in state-of-the-art facilities. He/she will participate in the modeling, fabrication and characterization of newly developed dielectric metasurfaces.
How to Apply-
Applications, assembled as a single PDF file, shall include:
- a complete CV with a full list of publications, plus a final section titled “Relevant skills” commenting on the strong points where your CV matches the required skills (list above)
- Name and contacts of 2 referees.
To apply, send the single pdf file to [email protected] quoting “Post Doc Modeling and fabrication of dielectric metasurfaces for Vectorial Nano-imaging CB 77066” in the subject line.
Last Date for Apply– 30 July 2019
The placement will be open until a suitable candidate is found but preferential treatment will be given to applications received before July 30, 2019 with a possible starting date on 1st November 2019.