Post Doctoral Fellow in Singapore, Genome Institute of Singapore (GIS)
Designation/Position- Post Doctoral Fellow in Singapore
Genome Institute of Singapore (GIS), Singapore invites application for Post Doctoral Fellow in Singapore from eligible and interested candidates
About- Scientific focus of Genome Institute of Singapore (GIS) is to investigate questions in the realm of functional genomics and integrative biology. We exploit the intersect between genomics, cell biology, and medicine and take advantage of the contrasting genetic history of Pan-Asian populations to uncover fundamental truths. Our biological focuses on cancer biology, stem cell genomics, cellular pharmacology, and host-pathogen interactions are integrated with technology development in order to create novel solutions to difficult problems. Post Doctoral Fellow in Singapore
Research/Job Area- Computational biology or Bioinformatics
Location- Genome Institute of Singapore (GIS), Singapore
- PhD degree in Computational biology or Bioinformatics.
- Experience in scripting and implementation of algorithms in programming languages including C/C++, Python, Java, R etc.
- Good experience in the use of NGS analysis tools.
- Background in biology or experience in biology projects involving human cell biology or mammalian developmental biology.
- Good oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to collaborate effectively with others.
- Co-authorships on peer-reviewed publications are preferred.
- Research group is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and highly motivated bioinformatician for the Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology laboratory under Prof Ng Huck Hui at the Genome Institute of Singapore (GIS).
- The successful applicant will work closely with a focused team of scientist looking at the transcriptomic and epigenomic landscapes of stem cells and organoid models.
- This includes handling both in-house generated bulk and single cell sampling datasets as well as datasets from public repositories.
- The applicant is expected to grasp basic concepts in stem cell gene regulation and developmental biology to facilitate communication of ideas with bench scientists and draw on results of dataset interpretation to formulate meaningful hypotheses.
- Applicant will also have the opportunity to interact and learn from over 50 fellow bioinformaticians working in different departments of the institute.
How to Apply- If you are interested in joining a highly talented research team situated in a unique location with a global vision, please forward a cover letter, curriculum vitae and a list of three references to the [email protected].
Last Date for Apply– Until Position Filled