Post doctoral Fellow Position 2019 in Lund University, Sweden
Designation/Position- Post doctoral Fellow Position 2019
Lund University, Sweden invites application for Post doctoral Fellow Position 2019 from eligible and interested candidates
About- Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 600 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.The Faculty of Science conducts research and education within Biology, Astronomy, Physics, Geosciences, Chemistry, Mathematics and Environmental Sciences. The Faculty is organized into nine departments, gathered in the northern campus area. The Faculty has approximately 1500 students, 330 PhD students and 700 employees. Post doctoral Fellow Position 2019
Research/Job Area- Physical/biophysical chemistry, physics or equivalent
Location- Lund University, Sweden
- You need a Doctoral degree in physical/biophysical chemistry, physics or equivalent. Good knowledge in one or several of the experimental methods: advanced microscopy, surface techniques, and scattering methods (Neutron reflectometry & SANS in particular) is necessary, and experience of time-resolved neutron scattering measurements is an advantage.
- Laboratory experience in handling lipid formulations and biomacromolecules is also a merit. You should be highly motivated and you should have demonstrated the ability to work independently to address research questions.
- Documented excellent level of English (understanding, speaking, writing) is essential.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are also essential.
- The candidate should have the ability to work in a team and collaborate with people from complementary disciplines.
Job/Position Description- The project is financed by a Ventenskapsrådet grant: ‘Neutron reflectometry with high time resolution to enable studies of surface chemical and biochemical processes and take full advantage of the ESS source’. The project will be conducted in close collaboration with the Swedish partners; FREIA Laboratory at Uppsala University and ESS and the UK partner; ISIS pulsed neutron and muon source at STFC in Oxfordshire, UK.
Overall the project has two work packages; an engineering development with a complementary scientific study.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
Last Date for Apply– 21 July 2019 11:59 PM CET