Designation/Position- Post Doctoral Fellow Position at IIT
IIT Gandhinagar,Gujarat, India invites application for Post Doctoral Fellow Position at IIT from eligible and interested candidates
About- A one-year postdoctoral position (12 months) funded by IIT-Gandhinagar at Physics Discipline with Prof. Arpan Bhattacharyya, is available with a possibility of extension subject to availability of fund, appropriate review by physics discipline and approval from institute. A successful candidate is expected to conduct research on aspects of quantum information in the AdS/CFT correspondence, conformal field theory, complexity in quantum field theories and various aspects of recent developments in gravitational physics particularly focusing on Black-hole physics and preferably have some experience with numerics.
Research/Job Area- Physics
Location- IIT Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- The candidate should hold a PhD degree in physics, preferably not longer than 3 years.
- Candidates who are have submitted there thesis or, are about to submit may also apply.
- Such candidate if selected will be appointed initially as Research Associate and latter will be promoted to postdoc after obtaining the PhD degree.
- Strong record of publications in at least one of the following topics is required: Holography and AdS/CFT, Conformal Field theory, Quantum Information in Quantum Field Theory, Tensor Networks, Circuit Complexity, Black-hole physics, and quasi-normal modes analysis.
Title of the Project:– Theoretical High-Energy Physics, Gravitational Physics, Quantum Information in AdS/CFT
Place of employment: Physics Discipline, IIT-Gandhinagar
Employment period: 12 months
Employment scope: 1 full position
Salary: Salary will vary from Rs: 45,000- 60,000 /- and will be decided depending on the experience of the candidate following institute norm.
Contingency: There will be an one time contingency of Rs: 1,00,000/-
Note: The successful candidate is encouraged to apply for the National Postdoctoral Fellowship (N-PDF)(if the opportunity comes) with Prof. Arpan Bhattacharyya during this one year tenure if they are eligible.
Key Responsibilities: The candidate is expected to conduct research at IIT-Gandhinagar on the above-mentioned subjects and help the host with various departmental and teaching-related activities.
How to Apply-
The candidate should provide the following documents:
- Application for the position (Cover Letter). In case of submitting the application by e-mail, please use the pdf-format and the file should contain a scanned signature.
- CV including the list of publications.
- A short research statement (not more than 2 pages).
- 3 letters of recommendation. Letters of Reference should be sent to the following email id: [email protected]
- A PhD diploma (a formal confirmation of PhD degree or expected date of graduation in case of the candidate still waiting for the degree). A successful candidate should submit originals).
The candidate should make sure that all documents are sent to [email protected] preferably by 15 June, 2020 (the deadline may be extended if the position remains vacant.)
Last Date for Apply– 15 June 2020
- Last Date of Application 20/03/2020
- Announcement of Shortlisted candidates on website 23/03/2020
- Telephonic Interview 24/03/2020
- On campus/ Skype Interview 25/03/2020
- Announcement of selected candidates 27/03/2020
- Date of Joining 01/05/2020