Post-Doctoral Fellow Position in USA, Bucknell University
Designation/Position- Post-Doctoral Fellow Position in USA
Bucknell University, USA invites application for Post-Doctoral Fellow Position in USA from eligible and interested candidates
About- Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors. Post-Doctoral Fellow Position in USA
Research/Job Area- Botany, plant biology, ecology & evolution, genetics/genomics or related field
Location- Bucknell University, USA
Candidate must have a Ph.D. (at date of appointment) in botany, plant biology, ecology & evolution, genetics/genomics or related field;
proficiency in oral and written English language skills;
experience with acquisition of genomic/genetic data and related bioinformatics pipelines/phylogenetic software;
and demonstrated experience in preparing publications and grant proposals.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
A background/interest in plant population genomics, systematics, reproductive biology, and/or biogeography is preferred;
experience with plant-based study systems is not required, however. Ability to write computer scripts is also a preference, as is experience in the culture and care of research plants.
Job/Position Description- A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Chris Martine in the Department of Biology at Bucknell University. The position is a yearly appointment, renewable for up to three years, and has a preferred start date of fall 2019.
In collaboration with Dr. Chris Martine, Burpee Professor in Plant Genetics and Research, the Postdoctoral Researcher will:
– Supervise undergraduate and master’s students.
– Generate, manage, and analyze genomic datasets.
– Manage and maintain a combined wet/ecology lab.
– Help to organize and participate in fieldwork.
– Assist with management of living collections maintained in research greenhouses and conduct greenhouse-based experiments.
– Assist with management of the Wayne E. Manning Herbarium.
– Prepare manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals, write/edit grant proposals, and present results at regional/national meetings.
– Integrate research outcomes with ongoing conservation efforts, including recognizing taxa/populations of concern.
– Explore innovative approaches to dissemination and outreach.
– Mentor and instruct students as part of Bucknell’s mission to provide a superior undergraduate experience.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
Last Date for Apply– Open position