Post-Doctoral Fellows Positions in UNSW, Australia
Designation/Position- Post-Doctoral Fellows Positions
University of New South Wales, Australia invites application for Post-Doctoral Fellows Positions from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Postdoctoral Fellow will work to support project(s) in remote sensing of the environment. Projects will include the development and use of imaging spectroscopy, lidar, thermal, and/or synthetic aperture radar (SAR) for understanding carbon dynamics with disturbance (e.g. drought, wildfire). Projects may include trajectories of above ground carbon and related water availability and quality, wetland dynamics, and/or functional diversity mapping. Remote sensing data may originate from ground-based, drone, airborne, and/or satellites. Lidar data will include point cloud and full-waveform. All projects will include scaling from ground to satellite observations and be relevant to current or upcoming global earth observation missions. Specific projects will be determined based on the interest and expertise of the successful applicant. Opportunities for independent project development are also available
Research/Job Area- Engineering, Computer Science, Ecology, Earth Sciences, or related area
Location- University of New South Wales, Australia
More opportunity – The Arturo Falaschi ICGEB Postdoctoral Fellowship Programmes
- PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Ecology, Earth Sciences, or related area.
- Research experience in remote sensing.
- Demonstrated skills in programming and data analytics.
- Able to conduct independent research with limited supervision.
- Track record of publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students.
- Able to work effectively in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- High-level communication skills and the ability to network effectively and interact with a diverse range of students, staff and industry partners.
- Salary, $95,449 – $102,091 + superannuation
- Full time
- Fixed-term contract – up to 2 years
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
- Up to 2 positions
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidates can apply online.
Last Date for Apply– 8 March 2020