Post Doctoral Fellowship Positions in IIT (ISM) Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India
Designation/Position- Post Doctoral Fellowship Positions
IIT (ISM) Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India invites application for Post Doctoral Fellowship Positions from eligible and interested candidates
About- Standing tall since early decades of 20th century, the institute is steadily sailing through the millennium change and has emerged into one of the most prominent institution- Indian Institute of Technology IIT(ISM) with full bloom functioning of 18 branches of Engineering, Applied Sciences, Management Studies and Humanities. IIT (ISM) has had a centenary long credentials of outperforming achievements/contributions in academia and the industry.
Research/Job Area- Various Research Area
Location- IIT (ISM) Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India
PhD holders (within 5 years of completion of Ph.D) with at least two papers (as first or corresponding author) in Journals of repute or SCI/SCIE is eligible to apply.
PhD holders of IIT (ISM) will not be eligible to apply for a period of two years from the date of award of PhD.
Age – Maximum 35 years (to be relaxed as per Government of India guidelines).
Amount of Fellowship and other beneﬁts to PDFs
|Year||Consolidated Fellowship per month (inclusive of all)|
|1st year||Rs. 60,000|
|2nd year||Rs. 60,000+5% increment|
|3rd year||Rs. 63,000+ 5% increment|
- A contingency grant of Rs.75000/=
- PDFs may be allowed to attend Conferences subject to availability of Fund in their contingency grant.
- Medical beneﬁts: PDF and their legal dependents will be provided free OPD facility and medicine available in the Health Centre. Indoor hospitalization facilities will also be provided in the Health Centre, if necessary. However, reimbursement facility will not be provided to PDFs and their legal dependents.
- 30 days leave with fellowship will be provided per year. The leave can be availed on a pro rata basis of the fellowship completed.
- A PDF may be granted maternity/paternity leave for a period as per government policy. Leave up to 6 weeks can also be granted for miscarriage including medical termination of pregnancy, if supported by a proper medical certificate. Such leave can be combined with any other leave due and will not entail any loss of financial assistantship.
How to Apply-
Applications received by the Office of Dean (R&D) will be forwarded to the concerned Departments Faculty Screening Committee for recommendation. The recommended candidates will be approved by the Central Faculty Screening Committee followed by interview. Such candidates will be reimbursed First AC to and fro fare from their place of stay by the shortest route for attending interview.
Candidates from abroad may be interviewed through Video conferencing /Skype. The composition of the Standing Selection Committee may be as follows:
- • Dean (R&D) : Chairperson
- • Dean (Academic) : Member
- • Associate Dean (SR) : Member
- • HOD of concerned Dept. : Member
- • One member from Dept. : Member
- • One expert member : To be nominated by Dean (R&D) in consultation with HOD.
Selection committee as per the above composition will be proposed to Chairman Senate for approval.
On approval from the Chairman Senate, offers will be sent to the selected candidates by the office of the Dean (R&D).
Last Date for Apply– Until Position Fill