Post Doctoral Fellowship Programme in IIT Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
Designation/Position- Post Doctoral Fellowship Programme
Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar invites application for Post Doctoral Fellowship Programme from eligible and interested candidates
About- The permanent campus of IIT Bhubaneswar is spreading over 936 Acres of land. It is situated at the foot of Barunei Hill, which is famous for its rich history. The campus provides a unique serene and pollution free academic environment. IIT Bhubaneswar has Academic area, Residential area and area for Training centres and Research Park. Although IIT Bhubaneswar had started functioning from two transit campuses in the Bhubaneswar city during its inception period, majority of residential and academic activities have now started in the permanent campus at Argul. Post Doctoral Fellowship Programme
Research/Job Area- Basic Sciences; Earth, Ocean & Climate Sciences; Electrical Sciences; Infrastructure; Mechanical Sciences; Humanities, Social Sciences & Management
Location- Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar
Eligibility/Qualification– Candidates preferably below 35 years having a Ph.D. Degree and willing to carry out advanced research in the fields of Basic Sciences; Earth, Ocean & Climate Sciences; Electrical Sciences; Infrastructure; Mechanical Sciences; Humanities, Social Sciences & Management may apply for this position.
Consistently good academic record followed by a Ph.D. degree in the relevant fields in Engineering/Science/Humanities.
Only those candidates, who have received the Ph. D. degree within the past two years, will be considered.
Job/Position Description- This is purely a temporary time-bound position, and must not be considered in any way as a permanent cadre of the Institute. The fellowship is offered initially for a period of one (1) year, and may be extended for another year based on review of the contributions made by the Fellow.
The Fellow will be required to participate in the teaching and research activities of the Institute including mentoring young undergraduates and post-graduate students. The Fellow shall also carry out any other assignments related to academics as given by the Institute.
Fellowship –Rs.45,000 – Rs.55,000 p.m. + HRA (depending upon the experience and qualification of the candidate)
- Suitable accommodation (subject to availability) along with a contingency grant of Rs.50,000 per annum will be admissible.
- House Rent Allowance as admissible, if accommodation is not provided.
- Medical and Leave benefit: As admissible by the Institute.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
- After online submission, print a hard-copy of the completed application form (the online portal will allow you to print after successful electronic submission of your application). Attach all relevant enclosures and forward the application packet to:Assistant Registrar (Academic Affairs)Indian Institute of Technology BhubaneswarToshali Bhawan, Satyanagar, Bhubaneswar – 751 007
- The hardcopy of application form with necessary enclosures should be signed and submitted to above mentioned address along with a non-refundable Demand Draft of Rs. 500/-for General/OBC, Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PD drawn in favour of “IIT Bhubaneswar” on any nationalized bank payable at Bhubaneswar in A4 size envelope only by post or in person. The Institute will not be responsible for any postal delay.
- Women candidates are exempted from the payment of application fees.
- Please super-scribe ‘Application for Post Doctoral Position in the School of ______________’ on the top of the envelope.
- Mere eligibility will not vest any right on any candidate for being called for interview. The Institute reserves the right to call a limited number of candidates for interview.
Application should include : –
- Detailed CV
- One-page summary of Ph.D. work
- Two-page research proposal
- One-set of copies of publication.
- All relevant educational certificates & marksheets.
Candidates called for interview will be reimbursed TA (up to AC 3-Tier Rail fare/ Bus fare) by the shortest route.F
Last Date for Apply– Rolling Advertisement