Global Young Talents Post-doctoral Positions in Shanghai University, China
Designation/Position- Post-doctoral Positions in Shanghai University
Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), China invites application for Post-doctoral Positions in Shanghai University from eligible and interested candidates
About- SJTU is a multi-disciplinary university covering diverse fields. According to Thomson Reuter’s Essential Science Indicator (ESI), SJTU has 17 disciplines (Engineering, Materials Science, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Clinical Medicine, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Biology and Biochemistry, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuroscience and Behavior, Immunology, Environment and Ecology, Plant and Animal Science, Agronomy, Microbiology, and Social Sciences) entering ESI World Top 1%, with the subject of Engineering ranking World Top 0.01% and Engineering, Materials Science, Clinical Medicine and Chemistry among the World Top 0.1%. In 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject, 20 subjects of SJTU rank among Top 100 in the world, of which 8 rank World Top 50. By 2016, SJTU have been ranking the first in terms of the total number of NSFC projects for 7 consecutive years. SJTU also ranked the first among all Chinese universities in the total number of published SCI papers and highly-cited papers of which the annual cited times exceed the world average levels in corresponding subjects according to the statistics on China’s scientific papers published by ISTIC in the October of 2016. Post-doctoral Positions in Shanghai University
Research/Job Area- Engineering, Materials Science, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Clinical Medicine, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Biology and Biochemistry, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuroscience and Behavior, Immunology, Environment and Ecology, Plant and Animal Science, Agronomy, Microbiology, and Social Sciences
Location- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), China
(1) Applicants should be under the age of 40 and majoring in fields of Natural Science or Engineering Technology.
(2) Applicants should hold doctorate of world-class universities and have over 3 consecutive years’ academic work experience in overseas renowned institutions, carry out innovative research in academic foreland, acquire important achievements, display strong academic potentials and reach the level of assistant professors in world-class universities.
For extremely outstanding scholars who have obtained a doctorate overseas, the requirement on length of overseas work experience could be relaxed.
(1) The annual salary is no less than 350,000 RMB.
(2) Housing benefits of 1.5 million RMB (including allowance from the National and Shanghai Municipal Governments) will be provided. Fully furnished Teachers Apartment is available at preferential rent.
(3) Special quotas for recruiting doctoral students will be provided.
(4) Apart from the appropriation of research fund from the national government, a minimum of 1:1 counterpart discipline construction fund will be provided by SJTU, laboratories and research assistant will be provided in accordance with the discipline and work demand.
(5) SJTU will provide social insurance or transact commercial insurance, and provide housing accumulation funds for talents in accordance with the relevant State and Shanghai municipal policies.
How to Apply- Applicants can submit the applications to the corresponding contacts of relevant schools or to the School HR Department (detailed contact info attached below). Application materials include: CV, Publication List, no less than 5 representative publications and copies of degree certificates. (Please mark the position you apply).
Mr. LU, E-mail: [email protected]
Miss CHANG, E-mail: [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– Open Position