Post-doctoral researcher Position – 2019 in Belgium, Ghent University
Post-doctoral researcher Position – 2019
Ghent University, Belgium invites application for Post-doctoral researcher Position – 2019 from eligible and interested candidates
About- Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research within a wide range of scientific domains. We are also the first European university in the Songdo Global University Campus in South Korea.
Research/Job Area- Chemistry
Location- Department of Organic and Macromolecular Chemistry, Ghent University, Belgium
Eligibility/Qualification– The candidate should have a strong background in materials (mechanics, chemistry, chemical and mechanical characterization).
- Chemist (MSc) or equivalent degree (engineer, etc.), with strong affinity for polymers, composites and polymer processing
- Strong communication skills (English)
- Very good writing skills (English)
- Ability to rigorously design, accurately perform and analyse experiments
- Hands-on mentality
- Excellence in project management, independent reporting and article writing
- Experience with supervision of Master and/or PhD students
Job/Position Description- The post-doctoral researcher will contribute in a large research project RELFICOM ‘Reliability of fibre-reinforced composites: materials design and variability’, part of the program NANOFORCE ‘Next generation nano-engineered polymer hybrids‘, that is funded by the Flemish funding organization SIM (Strategic Initiative Materials – http://www.sim-flanders.be/).
This project addresses the reliability of fibre-reinforced composites, through improved material design and through better understanding and controlling variability. This will lead to reductions in safety factors, and hence lighter and safer composite structures. The researcher will focus on aspects of improved recyclability of composites by using/developing fibre-reinforced filaments and pellets in 3D printing and electrospinning based on recycled polyethylene terephthalate (PET).
How to Apply-
Your application should contain:
- A motivation letter with a concise statement of the reason for applying including an explanation why you want to do research
- A curriculum vitae in English
- The title and abstract of your PhD thesis
- A proof of proficiency in English (TOEFL or IETLS certificate) for non-Dutch speaking applicants
- Contact details (name, affiliation, phone number and e-mail address) of two persons who can provide a reference on our request
You send the C.V. by e-mail to the following person: [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 28 February 2019