Post Doctoral Researcher Position in Berkeley Lab, US
Designation/Position- Post Doctoral Researcher Position
Berkeley Lab, US invites application for Post Doctoral Researcher Position from eligible and interested candidates
About- Berkeley Lab’s Climate & Ecosystems Division has an opening for a Post Doctoral Researcher. This postdoctoral researcher position is for a scientist with expertise in analyzing terrestrial biogeochemical and hydrological processes and their climate interactions, with a focus on Earth System Models (ESMs). Lawrence Berkley National Laboratory is a renowned center of scientific expertise in many facets of climate-related fundamental and applied science. The postdoctoral researcher will also have opportunities to collaborate with researchers across our multi-institution DOE-funded project.
Research/Job Area- Geology
Location- Berkeley Lab, US
- Recent PhD
- Understanding and use of state-of-the-art land-surface biogeochemical models
- Ability to develop representations of complex inter-related terrestrial ecosystem processes suitable for ESMs
- Ability to develop and use coupled atmosphere and land-surface models to characterize feedbacks
- Ability to develop methods to benchmark land models against a diverse range of observations
- Ability to present results in oral and written format
- Ability to work in an integrated team environment
- This is a full time 2-year postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs. You must have less than <number> years paid postdoctoral experience. Salary for Postdoctoral positions depends on years of experience post-degree.
- Full-time, M-F, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
- This position is represented by a union for collective bargaining purposes.
- Salary will be predetermined based on postdoctoral step rates.
- This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
- Work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
Last Date for Apply– The posting shall remain open until the position is filled.