Designation/Position- Post-doctoral vacancies 2019
Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur invites application for Post-doctoral vacancies 2019 from eligible and interested candidates
About- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (also known as IIT Kanpur or IITK) is a public engineering institution located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the Institutes of Technology Act.
Established in 1960 as one of the first Indian Institutes of Technology, the institute was created with the assistance of a consortium of nine US research universities as part of the Kanpur Indo-American Programme (KIAP)
Research/Job Area- Physics or related subjects
Location- Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- The applicants must be Indian nationals with a Ph.D degree from a recognized institute / university in India or abroad.
- Applicants who have recently submitted /defended their thesis will be preferred.
- At any rate, applicants with more than 3 years of post-doctoral experience will not be considered for this call.
- Candidates with a Ph.D degree from IIT Kanpur are not encouraged for these vacancies.
- The selection will be based on the quality of research work and the quality of publications, IITK mentor’s recommendation on the research plan, seminar (skype/in person) if found suitable, and a minimum of two reference letters (only for those short-listed after seminar). Applicants are also expected to have an impeccable academic record borne out by marks/grades in their prePhD education.
- For those who have already defended their thesis, a maximum of one month time is given for joining after announcing the result. Those who have submitted the thesis and awaiting the defense are given one month time after their defense to join for the position.
- Post-doctoral position consists of a fellowship of Rs.60,000 per month + 16% of the fellowship amount as HRA for off-campus accommodation + Rs.1,00,000 per year for travel and contingency.
- Each appointment will be made initially for a period of one year, and it may be extended for a second year subject to satisfactory performance.
- The post-doctoral fellows will be encouraged to participate in the departmental teaching activities such as being a tutor (with an involvement of a maximum of 8 hours per week) subject to Senate-prescribed conditions.
How to Apply- All applications are to be submitted in the online portal.
The cover letter should mention the topic of research, name(s) of preferred
mentor(s) at IIT Kanpur, and the names and complete contact details of 3
referees. The CV should contain the full name, present and permanent
address, date of birth, full details of educational qualifications, list of journal
publications with impact factors, list of conference publications, and a well
thought-out research plan for 2 years.
For Contact- If there are any further queries, interested applicants may write to [email protected] with the subject line as “Post-doctoral queries”
Last Date for Apply– The results of applications received till 15th January 2019 are likely to be known by 31st March 2019 (this date is tentative and may be revised)