Postdoc Fellowship in Canada 2019 – IVADO Postdoctoral Scholarship
Designation/Position- Postdoc Fellowship in Canada 2019
IVADO, Canada India invites application for Postdoc Fellowship in Canada 2019 from eligible and interested candidates
About- IVADO aims to bring together industry professionals and academic researchers to develop cutting-edge expertise in data science, operational research and artificial intelligence. IVADO members provide data management methods and inform decision making for optimal resource use. In essence, IVADO creates opportunities for knowledge exchange and collaborations between the specialists, partners, researchers and students in its network. Postdoc Fellowship in Canada 2019
Research/Job Area- Data science (machine learning, operations research, statistics) and its application in a range of sectors including the priority sectors of IVADO (health, transportation, logistics, energy, business and finance) or any other sector of application (sociology, physics, linguistics, engineering, etc.)
Location- HEC Montréal, Polytechnique Montréal, Université de Montréal, McGill University or the University of Alberta, Canada
- Intend to attend HEC Montréal, Polytechnique Montréal, Université de Montréal, McGill University or University of Alberta;
- Have earned their first doctorate fewer than five years prior to the date on which they are applying or intend to earn their first doctorate by the date on which the competition results are announced (December, 2018). IVADO will be flexible with applicants who provide an adequate explanation for a career interruption or particular circumstances. This explanation must be included in the application (e.g. pregnancy/maternity or sick leave);
- Priority will be given to candidates who have had their main PhD outside Quebec. This measure aims to promote the attraction of talented international researchers.
Professor (supervisor) applicants must:
- hold a faculty position as a professor at HEC Montréal, Polytechnique Montréal or Université de Montréal;
- Professors at the University of Alberta and McGill University may act as supervisors providing they are full members of IVADO (Mila, CIRRELT, GERAD, CERC Data Science, CRM, Tech3Lab).
- Not have acted as the applicant’s PhD supervisor or co-supervisor;
- Only submit one application to the competition.
Start of the funding period: February 1st, May 1st 2020.
- Field of study: The IVADO Postdoctoral Scholarship Funding program supports research on the issues raised in the Canada First funding competition: data science in a broad sense, including methodological research.
- Amount of salary (not an award) and grant period:
- Regular scholarship: $70 000 per year for regular funding (including benefits) for up to two years, entirely funded by IVADO.
- Partnership scholarship: $70 000 per year equally funded by IVADO ($35 000) and a partner ($35 000) for partnership funding (including benefits) for up to two years.
- “Fellow” scholarship: $90 000 per year for a scholarship (including benefits) for up to three years, entirely funded by IVADO. In the first year, an additional $10 000 may be awarded upon request to cover relocation expenses, along with $15 000 per year to fund research activities.
- Upon request, applicants from countries eligible to receive ODA from Canada may be reimbursed for their relocation expenses to begin their postdoctoral training in Montréal.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
All applications must submit:
- a questionnaire to be completed on the platform WITH a common-language description of the project (maximum length of one page);
- an example of filled form is available here.
- CV (free format)
- Ph.D transcripts (as well as information on the grading scale when the transcript is issued by a non-Canadian university)
- project description (maximum one page)
- recommendations (a maximum of three), including a letter downloaded directly from the postdoctoral supervisor (or potential postdoctoral supervisor)
- confirmation from the partner (partnership funding applications only)
For Contact- [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 11 October 2019