Postdoc Fellowship in Canada, University of Calgary
Designation/Position- Postdoc Fellowship in Canada
University of Calgary, Canada invites application for Postdoc Fellowship in Canada from eligible and interested candidates
About- The University of Calgary is Canada’s leading next-generation university – a living, growing and youthful institution that embraces change and opportunity with a can-do attitude. Located in the nation’s most enterprising city, the university is making tremendous progress on its Eyes High journey to be recognized as one of Canada’s top five research universities, grounded in innovative learning and teaching and fully integrated with the community it both serves and leads. The University of Calgary inspires and supports discovery, creativity and innovation across all disciplines. Postdoc Fellowship in Canada
Research/Job Area- Immunology, Biomedical Sciences or other related disciplines
Location- University of Calgary, Canada
- PhD in Immunology, Biomedical Sciences or other related disciplines completed within last two years with impressive publication record to be competitive for provincial and national scholarships
- Experience of working with mouse models of disease, basic molecular biology experiments, immunology, confocal microscopy and flow cytometry are an asset
- Fluency in English (oral and written). Experience presenting to academic audience is an asset
- The applicant must have excellent time management skills and be able to work in a self-directed manner within an inter-disciplinary environment
- Previous experience mentoring undergraduate and MSc students is an asset
A postdoctoral scholar position is available at the Department of Medicine for a highly qualified and motivated individual to support our research program focused on mechanisms of kidney disease. The candidate will work on research projects toward the identification of molecular, cellular and immunological mechanisms involved in kidney injury and disease. Experimental approaches and tools will include mouse models of disease, kidney confocal and multiphoton intravital microscopy, flow cytometry, cell culture, real-time PCR, ELISA. Opportunities to translate research to human kidney disease via biobanked tissues and human kidney organoid cultures also exists. The postdoctoral scholar will join a dynamic and exciting research team who are part of the Nephrology Research Group and the Precision Medicine in Nephrology Program at the Snyder Institute for Chronic Diseases, Cumming School of Medicine. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The Department of Medicine in the Cumming School of Medicine at the University of Calgary is accepting applications for a Postdoctoral Scholar in Kidney Disease and Inflammation Research.
Area: Foothills Campus
Duration: One year, renewable
Start date: Immediate
Salary: Commensurate with experience (minimum CAD$40,000 per year plus benefits)
- Perform experiments in mice (disease model, confocal and multiphoton intravital microscopy, cell isolation, etc.), flow cytometry, PCR, ELISA, etc.
- Data acquisition, recording, analysis and presentation of findings at lab meetings and national e international meetings
- Lead the design and implementation of the kidney disease research program
- Actively contribute to the development of peer-reviewed publications related to the kidney injury project undertaken as part of the postdoctoral scholar appointment
- Actively seek and apply for funding locally, provincial and nationally
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior team member as well as supervision of trainees
How to Apply- Individuals interested in applying for this position should submit a curriculum vitae, a cover letter including a statement of research interests and goals, three relevant publications and the names of three references to the email address below. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Last Date for Apply– Until the position is filled