Postdoc in Netherlands, Dutch Institute for Fundamental Energy Research
Designation/Position- Postdoc in Netherlands
DIFFER (Dutch Institute for Fundamental Energy Research), Netherlands invites application for Postdoc in Netherlands from eligible and interested candidates
About- DIFFER (Dutch Institute for Fundamental Energy Research) is one of the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO) institutes and focuses on a multidisciplinary approach of the energy research combining physics, chemistry, engineering and materials science. The institute is based on two main strands, solar fuels for the conversion and storage of renewable energy and fusion-energy as clean and unlimited source of energy. DIFFER is developing and supporting a national network on fundamental energy research and is closely collaborating with academic institutions, research institutes and industry. Postdoc in Netherlands
Research/Job Area- Physics or computational sciences
Project Title – Modelling of Liquid-Metal Plasma Interactions in Linear Plasma Devices and Validation with Tokamak Divertors.
Location- DIFFER (Dutch Institute for Fundamental Energy Research), Netherlands
- Research group seek enthusiastic and highly talented candidates who are willing to work in an international and interdisciplinary team of theoretical and experimental physicists.
- You have (or very soon will have) a PhD in plasma physics or computational sciences.
- You have good programming skills and experience in development of plasma edge modelling code, in particular, with the Monte Carlo modelling of neutral particles in a plasma environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (in English) are mandatory.
This position is a 3 year Postdoc position with a performance evaluation after one year.
- To implement the necessary adaptations in the EIRENE code to allow the modelling of liquid metal targets.
- To benchmark SOLPS-ITER modelling with liquid metal targets against Magnum-PSI experiments.
- To use the code-suite to make predictions of liquid-metal target behaviour under divertor plasma conditions.
- To collaborate with the international EIRENE development team on the refactoring of the code.
How to Apply- You can apply by submitting an application letter, a full resume (including grade list). Please refer to vacancy 19.012 The letter of application may be sent electronically to: [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 31 October 2019