Postdoc Position (2 years) 2019 in Sweden, Umeå University
Designation/Position- Postdoc Position (2 years)
Umeå University, Sweden invites application for Postdoc Position (2 years) from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Department of Computing Science at Umeå University is seeking candidates for 1-2 postdoctoral positions in the University’s Distributed Systems group. This is a well-recognized research group comprising more than 20 people of 10 different nationalities. Postdoc Position (2 years)
Research/Job Area- Computer Science or a subject relevant
Location- Umeå University, Sweden
Applicants must have earned a PhD or a foreign degree that is deemed equivalent to a PhD in Computer Science or a subject relevant for the position.
The PhD degree should not be older than three years by the application deadline, unless special circumstances exist, such as parental leave, military services, etc.
Research merits and excellent scientific publications in the field of employment are requirements.
Proficiency in English, both spoken and written, is required.
How to Apply-
A complete application should include:
• Introductory letter including a 2-page statement of research interests and a motivation of why your expertise is appropriate for the position.
• Curriculum Vitae (CV) including a complete list of scientific publications.
• Copies of doctoral degree certificate, including documentation of completed academic courses and obtained grades as well as other relevant degree certificates.
• A copy of your PhD thesis.
• Copies of (max 5) original research publications relevant to the above topics, numbered according to the publication list.
• Names and contact information for three persons willing to act as references.
• Any other information relevant for the position such as description of software development experience, or previous industry experience.
The application, including attached documents, must be written in English or Swedish.
The application is made through electronic recruitment system.
Documents sent electronically must be in Word or PDF format.
Last Date for Apply– 7 October 2019