Postdoc Position – 2019 in King Abdullah University, Saudi Arabia
Designation/Position- Postdoc Position – 2019
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia invites application for Postdoc Position – 2019 from eligible and interested candidates
About- To achieve its mission, KAUST engages in both curiosity-driven and goal-oriented research through its Academic Divisions and Research Centers.
The Academic Divisions invest in people and develop depth and breadth in multiple disciplines. They focus on fundamental knowledge in science and engineering while creating opportunities for ideas and innovation to flourish. Our people, and the ideas they generate, are sustained through a funding model designed for long-term research reflecting our belief in the intellectual potential of curiosity and exploration.
Research/Job Area- Organic/physical/analytical chemistry
Project Title- Investigation of Chemistries ‘On-Water’
Location- Biological and Environmental Science and Engineering Division: Environmental Science and Engineering, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia
- Doctoral degree in organic/physical/analytical chemistry
- Curiosity-driven, dedicated, and a team player
- Meticulous at planning experiments
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Strong communication, analytical, and scientific writing skills
The research project entails:
- Investigating mechanisms underlying dramatic accelerations in certain chemical reactions at the oil-water interface,
- Characterizing reactions through GCMS, HPLC, NMR, mass spectrometry, etc.
- Collaborate with surface spectroscopists and theoreticians towards molecular insights into the experiments
The candidate should have a PhD in organic/physical/analytical chemistry. We expect the individual to be curiosity-driven, dedicated, and a team player; meticulous at planning experiments and hard-working; and possess strong scientific writing skills.
The position is ideal for a self-motivated creative researcher due to unparalleled infrastructure and possibilities to conduct experiments and explore collaborations within and outside KAUST. Our collaborators include Professor Richard Saykally (UC Berkeley).
Research group invite applications for a postdoctoral position in Professor Himanshu Mishra’s research group (Interfacial Lab).
How to Apply- This application requires submission of a CV, as well as the names and contact details for at least two references.
This institution is using Interfolio’s Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Last Date for Apply– Open Position