Postdoc Position – 2019 in Netherlands, University of Twente
Designation/Position- Postdoc Position – 2019 in Netherlands
University of Twente, Netherlands invites application for Postdoc Position – 2019 in Netherlands from eligible and interested candidates
About- The University of Twente for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) comprises three disciplines that shape Information and Communication Technology. ICT is more than communication. In almost every product we use mathematics, electronics and computer technology and ICT now contributes to all of societies’ activities. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. The research which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.
Research/Job Area- Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Technical Medicine, or Mathematics
Location- University of Twente, Netherlands
- Your publication record proves that you have a background in image analysis and machine learning.
- You have a PhD degree in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Technical Medicine, or Mathematics.
- Adequate analytical skills.
- You have a dedicated team spirit with excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- You need an excellent command of English. Knowledge of, or willingness to learn Dutch is an advantage.
Job/Position Description- Your field of activities covers fundamental research in the integration of deep learning algorithms and MR imaging, but also covers the translation of this research towards clinical applications. You are particularly responsible for coordinating and conducting research in the area of data-driven design of quantitative, dynamic MR imaging principles. Clinical applications are in the field of dysphagia and speech pathology. As such, you work together with physicians and physicists of the Antoni van Leeuwenhoek hospital (Netherlands Cancer Institute) and mathematicians, physicists, and engineers from the University of Twente.
Additional tasks involve teaching at the master level of the Technical Medicine educational program.
Research group offer a fulltime position for 4 years, with possible extension, within a very stimulating scientific environment. You will work in a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues.
- Starting salary will be € 3.255 gross per month;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- We strongly encourage a high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff.
How to Apply-
Applications, including a CV, a statement of your interest and vision, and contact information for two or more references, should be uploaded through the link below. Since only three documents can be uploaded per application, please combine documents if needed.
Please hand in your application before March 1, 2019.
For Contact- Questions regarding this position can be directed to Dr.ir. Ferdi van der Heijden, email: [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 1 March 2019