POSTDOC Position 2019 in KU Leuven, Belgium :Researchersjob
Designation/Position- POSTDOC Position 2019 in KU Leuven
KU Leuven, Belgium invites application forPOSTDOC Position 2019 in KU Leuven from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Centre for mathematical Plasma Astrophysics (CmPA) of the Department of Mathematics consists of four professors and many researchers (Ph.D. students and postdoctoral researchers) of various international background. CmPA has, among other things, an extensive expertise in ‘computational magneto-fluid dynamics’ and access to parallel computing facilities. CmPA participates in many national and international projects which has led to an extensive international research network. In particular, the candidate will be part of the ERC consolidator grant BOSS-WAVES (https://perswww.kuleuven.be/~u0041608/webs/index.php?loc=boss-waves), under the supervision of Prof. Tom Van Doorsselaere. The project will study the heating of the solar corona by the non-linear evolution of transverse waves, using 3D numerical simulations. Specifically, the project will use the obtained heating in our recent simulations and study the resulting evaporation of material from the lower atmosphere into the coronal loop to study its long term evolution. POSTDOC Position 2019 in KU Leuven
Research/Job Area- Mathematics, physics, astronomy, computer science,or an equivalent degree with an important mathematics component
Project Title- 3D MODELLING OF WAVE HEATING IN THE SOLAR CORONA
Location- KU Leuven, Belgium
- You havea PhD degree in mathematics, physics, astronomy, computer science,or an equivalent degree with an important mathematics component.
- You have experience in running 3D MHD simulations.
- You have a deep understanding of MHD waves.
- You have published a number of papers in academic journals.
- You have the ambition to build an academic career and would like to gain more experience in the field of solar physics and MHD modelling.
Job/Position Description- Research group offer a scholarship as a postdoc in the Section Plasma Astrophysics of the Department of Mathematics for one year. This can be extended with another year after a positive evaluation, for a total duration of two years.
- You will do research in applied mathematics at the Centre of mathematical Plasma Astrophysics of the Department of Mathematics.
- You will give exercise classes in mathematics for the courses taught by members of the Department of Mathematics.
- You assist in the guidance of bachelor projects and master theses.
- You assist in the organization of workshops, conferences and other research and teaching activities.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
For Contact- For more information please contact Prof. dr. Tom Van Doorsselaere, tel.: +32 16 32 70 03, mail: [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 28 April 2019