Postdoc position 2019 in University of Luxembourg
Designation/Position- Postdoc position
University of Luxembourg invites application for
Postdoc position 2019 from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) invites applications for a:Postdoc position in High Performance Computing (m/f) Postdoc position 2019 in University of Luxembourg
SnT is carrying out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services, often in collaboration with industrial, governmental or international partners. SnT is active in several international research projects funded by the EU H2020 and the European Space Agency.
The Centre is currently expanding its research activities and is seeking highly motivated research associates who wish to pursue research in close cooperation with our partners. For further information you may check: www.securityandtrust.lu and https://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/pcog
Research/Job Area- Computer science, applied mathematics, operations research
Location- Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT), University of Luxembourg
- PhD in any discipline relevant to this area of research (e.g. computer science, applied mathematics, operations research).
- Expertise in High Performance Computing.
- Experience in writing successful research proposals.
- Experience in managing research projects.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Commitment, creativity, and teamwork skills.
Job/Position Description- The Parallel Computing and Optimisation group (https://pcog.uni.lu) headed by Prof. Pascal Bouvry, is seeking an outstanding postdoc to strengthen its research team in the area of High Performance Computing. The application areas of interest include cloud/HPC/Edge computing.
The postdoc is expected to pursue state of the art research activities in High Performance Computing, write research proposals, assist in supervision, teaching and public dissemination activities of the PCOG group. The postdoc will participate to a large European project PRACE6IP in the framework of H2020, especially in the teaching and onboarding activities. Collaboration with local industry is also foreseen.
- Duration: 24 months, full-time (40h/week).
- Start: as soon as possible
How to Apply- Please prepare the following documents in English :
- send a detailed CV (contact address, studies with grades, work experience, publication list),
- an abstract of your thesis,
- a list of 3 referees,
- a motivation letter,
- a description of possible research interests/ideas
Applications are processed until the vacancy is filled.
Last Date for Apply– 30 April 2019