PostDoc Position 2020 in Switzerland, EMPA – Swiss Federal Laboratories
Designation/Position- PostDoc Position 2020 in Switzerland
EMPA- Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology, Switzerland invites application for PostDoc Position 2020 in Switzerland from eligible and interested candidates
About- Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and the well-being of society. Our Laboratory for Mechanics of Materials and Nanostructures is looking for a postdoc on Electrochemical deposition mechanisms of metals using state of the art STM techniques in liquid and/or inside 3D molds made by 2-photon lithography. PostDoc Position 2020 in Switzerland
Research/Job Area- Physics or a related discipline
Project Title- Electrochemical deposition mechanisms of metals
Location- EMPA- Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology,
- PhD in physics or a related discipline
- Solid background in optics, laser spectroscopy, and electronics
- Experience in experimental research and the ability to conduct independent scientific work
- Programming skills (eg. LabView, Python, C++)
- Fluency in English is required; basic oral expression skills in German are desirable
The project is aimed at the development of a high-precision, mid-IR spectrometer based on quantum cascade lasers (QCLs) for real-time multispecies human breath analysis with special focus on applications for diseases of the respiratory system. It involves intense collaboration with the University Children’s Hospital Zurich (Prof. A. Möller) within the umbrella of University Medicine Zurich’s flagship project ‘Zurich Exhalomics’.
The project will leverage novel multi-wavelength and broadly tunable quantum cascade lasers and targets a benchtop instrument, capable to detect multiple volatile organics compounds in breath samples.
- Develop a mid-IR laser spectrometer for the analysis of VOCs
- Implement a suitable gas sampling/handling system
- Coordinate and participate in the medical trials at UZH/Kispi
- Write peer-reviewed publications and promote the results at international conferences
How to Apply- Research group look forward to receiving online application including a letter of motivation, CV, diplomas with transcripts, a list of publications, and contact details of three referees. Please upload the requested documents through the webpage.
Applications via email will not be considered.
For Contact- For further information about the position please contact Dr. Laetitia Philippe, [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– Till position filled.
The position is available from July 2020 and will remain open until filled.