Postdoc Position in CIC energiGUNE, Spain under Industrial project
Designation/Position- Postdoc Position in CIC
CIC energiGUNE, Spain invites application for Postdoc Position in CIC from eligible and interested candidates
About- CIC energiGUNE has been awarded by the European Commission with the ´HR Excellence in Research´which reflects our commitment to achieve fair and transparent recruitment and appraisal procedures,and certifies the existence of a stimulating and favorable work environment for researchers in our institution.
The Atomistic Modelling and Computational Simulations group at CIC energiGUNE is searching for a Postdoctoral researcher to be involved in an Industrial project.
Research/Job Area- Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or other related topics
Project Title – COMPUTATIONAL HIGH-THROUGHPUT SCREENING OF ION CONDUCTORS
Location- CIC energiGUNE, Spain
Research group is searching for a highly motivated and independent researcher with a PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or other related topics.
- The candidate shall possess a strong background (at least two years of previous experience as demonstrated, for instance, by first author publications) in Solid-State Physics/Chemistry and Quantum Chemistry, in particular, molecular quantum mechanics, statistical mechanics, and molecular simulation methods applied to bulk inorganic solids or polymers.
- Good expertise in density functional theory electronic structure calculations with extensive experience with codes such as VASP, FHI-aims, or CASTEP is required.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and/or network science is strongly preferred. And experience in writing computer code (e.g., Python) and shell scripts is an asset.
- The candidate should also be able to work independently and as part of a team, as well as have very good English skills.
- Therefore, the successful candidate must be able to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences.
Job/Position Description- Research group is offering an 18-month contract and advantageous professional development opportunities within interesting Industrial project with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds, and ongoing operational needs.
The candidate will join a multidisciplinary and collaborative team of theorists and experimentalists from condensed matter, materials, and chemical sciences.
The position must start in November 2019.
How to Apply- All applicants are invited to submit detailed curriculum vitae, contact information of at least three references and a cover letter detailing specific experience and scientific interests
Last Date for Apply– The selection process ends once a candidate is selected.