Postdoc Position in Electrochemical Process Engineering, Germany
IEK-3 Electrochemical Process Engineering, Germany offers Postdoc position in he field of stack development low temperature electrolysis. Candidate having PhD in Process engineering, materials science or mechanical engineering can apply online.
About-The IEK-3 contributes to research and development for the use of fuel cell and hydrogen technologies in mobile and stationary applications. In close cooperation between basic research and application-oriented development, the IEK-3 is driving the marketability of fuel cells and electrolysers as well as the implementation of a hydrogen infrastructure. For our institute we are looking for a postdoc in the field of low temperature electrolysis as soon as possible.
In the long term, electrolysis of water using renewable electricity can be a very attractive form of energy storage for industry and automotive applications. Based on currently known materials and components in combination with novel materials, the Research Centre Jülich develops concepts and components for electrolysers and electrolysis systems, which are characterized by their high efficiency and low costs.
Research/Job area– Process engineering, materials science or mechanical engineering
Project Title- The field of stack development low temperature electrolysis
Location- IEK-3 Electrochemical Process Engineering, Germany
- Graduate of a university with excellent academic degree and subsequent doctorate in a natural science or engineering discipline with a focus on process engineering, materials science or mechanical engineering
- Experience in electrochemistry as well as sound knowledge in the field of thermodynamics
- Experience in modeling processes and knowledge in the use of construction software
- Interest in the further development of a modeling platform for stack components
- Interest in the in-depth investigation of multiphase flow processes
- Ability to develop and evaluate complex experimental plans
- Interest in the scientific supervision and guidance of doctoral researchers
- Ability to cooperate and take the initiative
- Very good knowledge of German and English language
Job/Position Description- In the long term, electrolysis of water using renewable electricity can be a very attractive form of energy storage for industry and automotive applications. Based on currently known materials and components in combination with novel materials, the Research Centre Jülich develops concepts and components for electrolysers and electrolysis systems, which are characterized by their high efficiency and low costs.
Your main tasks as a Postdoc will be
Contribution to the further development of these electrochemical converters
- Work on the development topic of low temperature stack development
- Work out experimental plans, provide new impetus to the design process, plan the characterization methods to be used
- Implementation of new ideas and development approaches that will be worked on in the form of projects
- Applications for funding and reports in the field of stack and system development, as well as the representation of the work at international conferences and in publications
- Supervision of doctoral researchers
All work is accompanied by a modeling of the components and components, which are embedded in already existing simulation models. The precise knowledge of the interactions between the individual elements and components is still the key to better electrochemical efficiency and increased long-term stability.
Research group offer-
- Exciting working environment on an attractive research campus, ideally situated between the cities of Cologne, Düsseldorf, and Aachen
- Close cooperation with renowned research institutions
- Challenging work in the field of application-oriented research and development
- A comprehensive further training Programme
- Flexible working hours and various opportunities to reconcile work and family life
- Limited for 3 years with the possibility of a longer-term perspective in the area of group management
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD).