Voss Postdoctoral in Brown University, Postdoc Positions in USA
Designation/Position- Postdoc Positions in USA
Brown University, USA invites application for Postdoc Positions in USA from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Institute at Brown for Environment and Society (IBES) seeks candidates for one or more distinguished postdoctoral positions in any field of study relevant to environmental research. Voss postdoctoral research associates conduct independent research, but are mentored by one or more IBES affiliated faculty. These faculty have expertise in a wide variety of disciplines: Anthropology, Biogeochemistry, Climate Modeling, Ecology, Economics, Environmental History, Epidemiology, Hydrology, and Sociology. Postdoc Positions in USA
Research/Job Area- Anthropology, Biogeochemistry, Climate Modeling, Ecology, Economics, Environmental History, Epidemiology, Hydrology, and Sociology
Location- Institute at Brown for Environment and Society (IBES), Brown University, USA
- Ph.D. in a field to the study relevant to environmental research, ability to take initiative and work independently, an interest in contributing to a dialog across disciplinary boundaries, and the support of an IBES faculty mentor.
- Applicants should submit a research proposal based on the guidelines below, including identification of a proposed faculty mentor. Proposals will be judged on scientific merit, an achievable research plan, and the degree to which they contribute to or compliment the research activities of faculty mentors.
- Letters of support will be requested from proposed mentors, and any individual faculty member can only be the primary mentor for a single applicant, so applicants will benefit from contacting proposed mentors early in the process.
Appointments will have an expected term of two years starting in July 2020 or soon thereafter.
Postdoctoral research associates receive a salary of $60,000, plus benefits and a discretionary fund of $2,000/year in addition to any research funds that may be directed to the project by mentors.
Postdoctoral RAs are expected to devote their appointment to research activities, but in special cases postdoctoral RAs may have the opportunity to teach undergraduate courses
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
To apply, please submit the following items :
- Cover letter describing your interest in the position and how this position relates to your career goals;
- Current CV;
- Required project proposal (1500 words maximum, excluding references):
Proposals should briefly address the following points:
O Title and brief abstract
O Project background and importance: What is known and what is new about this question? Why does it matter?
O How does this project fit with your own previous work and your proposed mentor’s?
O Project plan: What will you actually do? Include a timeline or work plan if appropriate. If additional resources will be needed to complete the work, do you have options for funding them?
O Project outcomes: What products will come out of this project (e.g. articles, methods, datasets, policy briefs, educational materials)? What types of support will you need to produce and disseminate these?
O References (not included in 1500 word limit)
- Three letters of reference from advisors or colleagues who know the applicant’s work well. Referees should submit letters directly through Interfolio, which will supply a direct link when contact information is entered.
Last Date for Apply– 31 October 2019