Postdoc Program for International Researchers : Government of Canada
Designation/Position- Postdoc Program for International Researchers
Government of Canada invites application for Postdoc Program for International Researchers from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Postdoctoral Research Program (PRP) is an international and horizontal program that provides promising new scientists access to unique world-class facilities across Canada and the opportunity to work alongside multi-disciplinary teams of expert researchers and technicians on projects of critical importance to Canada. Postdoc Program for International Researchers
Research/Job Area- All available research field on Canadian labs/Institutes
- Research group is looking for candidates who have graduated within the last 3 (three) years* with a doctoral degree in a field of natural sciences.
- *Special consideration may be given to applicants who were unable to apply during the 3-year period, due to a significant career interruption or delay. If this concerns your eligibility to the program, please contact the PRP Mailbox ([email protected]).
- Applications will be accepted if applicants are currently enrolled in a doctoral program at a recognized post-secondary institution; however, candidates must meet the education requirements in order to be appointed to a position.
- Candidates with foreign credentials (obtained outside of Canada) must provide proof of Canadian equivalency.
Partnering Federal Government Organizations
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Canadian Grain Commission (CGC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Health Canada (HC)
- Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
- Conduct research that contributes to improvements in theories and/or techniques through the innovation or modification of concepts, theories, and approaches and/or new solutions.
- Plan, organize, conduct and control research projects and/or field work under guidance.
- Conceive, carry out, and report on research and development projects and/or field work with guidance.
- Responsible for carrying out research for decisions affecting own research, and the integrity of data and their analysis.
- Write and publish papers and reports documenting and interpreting results of research.
- Contribute to expert-reviewed research publications.
- Represent own research in meetings/events and discussing research outcomes. Attend workshops and/or conferences and present paper(s) on own research.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
The application tool does not allow applicants to return to previous pages or to save and return to the application at a later time, therefore it needs to be completed in one sitting. The application takes approximately 60 minutes to complete.
You will be asked to provide contact details, education information (undergraduate, master’s and doctorate degrees) as well as to answer screening questions regarding your previous professional experience.
You will be required to upload the following mandatory document:
- Your resumé/CV
Additional optional documents that can be uploaded include:
- Cover letter;
- Academic diplomas;
- Official language results;
- Foreign education credentials assessments;
It is strongly advised that you have your documents ready and accessible before you start completing the application to avoid any potential interruptions or problems.
Last Date for Apply– Open Position