PostDoc(s) Position in Netherlands, Eindhoven University of Technology
Designation/Position- PostDoc(s) Position in Netherlands
Department of Applied Physics, Eindhoven University of Technology-TU/e invites application for PostDoc(s) Position in Netherlands from eligible and interested candidates
About- TU/e is a leading international university of technology specializing in Engineering Science & Technology. Through excellent teaching and research we contribute to progress in the technical sciences, to the development of technological innovations, and as a result to the growth of prosperity and welfare in the region and beyond.
Research/Job Area- (Applied) Physics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar
Project Title – ALD nanolayers for advanced silicon and perovskite photovoltaics
Location- Department of Applied Physics, Eindhoven University of Technology-TU/e, Netherlands
For the PostDoc(s) Position in Netherlands, research group seek a highly talented, enthusiastic, and exceptionally motivated candidate with doctoral degree in (Applied) Physics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar.
He/she must have experience with solar cell research, have a good understanding of the underlying solar cell physics and have affinity with the synthesis of thin films and materials analysis.
Good communication skills in English (both written and spoken) are required
The work for PostDoc(s) Position in Netherlands will be performed in the group Plasma & Materials Processing at the Department of Applied Physics at the TU/e.
The PMP group focuses on the advancement of the science and technology of plasma and materials processing, a research area which is in essence multidisciplinary and encompasses the research fields of plasma physics, surface science, and materials science.
The scientific objective of the group is to obtain “atomic” level understanding of the interaction of plasmas and gases with materials.
• a challenging job in a stimulating internationally renowned research group;
• a full-time temporary appointment for initially 1 year, with outlook on appointment for 3 years;
• a gross salary of between € 3045,- and € 4166,- gross per month, depending on knowledge and experience (based on salary scale 10 of CAO Dutch Universities);
• an extensive package of fringe benefits (e.g. excellent technical infrastructure, the possibility of child care and excellent sports facilities).
Responsibilities and tasks
• Develop and optimize ALD processes, analyse material properties and gain understanding of the relation between process and growth properties and the resulting material properties
• Study the thin film materials with respect to their application in solar cells; set up and coordinate experiments with project partners to test the materials in actual solar cells
• Prepare project progress reports, scientific papers and conference communications.
• Daily supervision of BSc and MSc students
How to Apply-
If you are interested in this PostDoc(s) Position in Netherlands, please send in your application by using the ‘Apply now’-button on this page.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter explaining your motivation and qualifications for the position. Please indicate specifically your experience in the areas of silicon and/or perovskite photovoltaics and describe in a separate paragraph why you would be qualified for the position(s).
- A detailed CV
- A list of publications and conference contributions
- Names and contact information of two or more references
Screening of applications will start as soon as applications are received and will continue until the position has been filled.
Please keep in mind; you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each.
Information on employment conditions can be found at http://www.tue.nl/en/university/working-at-tue/working-conditions/
Last Date for Apply– 08 February 2019