Donnelley Postdoctoral Environmental Fellowship in Yele Institute, USA
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Environmental Fellowship
Yale Institute for Biospheric Studies (YIBS), USA invites application for Postdoctoral Environmental Fellowship from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Donnelley Postdoctoral Fellowship supports postdoctoral fellowships for research in biodiversity or a combination of biodiversity with conservation and public policy. The Fellowship was created to honor the memory of Mr. Gaylord Donnelley, Yale Class of 1931, a conservationist dedicated to advances in research and education. The Fellowship, which was established by Mr. Donnelley’s widow, Dorothy and son Strachan, is funded by an endowment from the Gaylord and Dorothy Donnelley Foundation and the Donnelley Family and is administered by the Yale Institute for Biospheric Studies (YIBS).
Research/Job Area- Environmental sciences
More Opportunity – Humboldt Fellowship for Postdoctoral Researchers in Germany
- This award is meant for individuals who have been awarded a PhD degree within the past three years (or who soon will be awarded a PhD).
- Postdoctoral fellows will conduct research in environmental sciences under the mentorship of a Yale faculty member who will provide office/lab space and additional research funds.
- Annual compensation is $62,000 plus fringe benefits, and $5,000 in contingency funds.
- Note: Yale PhD graduates and individuals already at residence at Yale are not eligible to apply.
- The fellowship term is two years, without possibility of renewal. There is opportunity to teach a seminar course in the individual’s area of specialization.
- Annual compensation is $62,000 plus fringe benefits, and $5,000 in contingency funds,
How to Apply-
- Nominations must be made by a Yale faculty member, who must affirm that they will act as mentor and provide research infrastructure for the nominee if selected; direct applications are not accepted
The nomination letter must:
- Describe how the faculty member knows the nominee,
- Detail why the nominee is worthy of consideration and what makes him or her an outstanding candidate.
- Explain how the nominee’s proposed research is innovative, and how and why it will complement the work of the faculty member’s research group.
— List the research facilities and equipment accessible to the nominee_
- Nominations are limited to one per faculty member.
- Submit the nomination letter online as PDF at:
Nominees are asked to provide the following in PDF at
- A two-page research proposal,
- A curriculum vitae with a complete bibliography.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- The manuscript or reprint of one published work.
For Contact- [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 30 October 2019
- Faculty nominations are due Wednesday, October 30, 2019,
- Nominee’s application materials are due Monday, November 25, 2019.
- Awards will be announced on or before December17, 2019.
- Fellows will begin residency at Yale University on a date negotiated with their faculty sponsors, starting on or after July 1, 2020.