Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Fellow
University of New South Wales, Australia invites application for Postdoctoral Fellow position from eligible and interested candidates
About- UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to a number of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. With a strong presence at UNSW Kensington campus, the faculty have staff and students in teaching hospitals in Sydney as well as regional and rural areas of NSW including Albury/Wodonga, Wagga Wagga, Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie.
The School of Medical Sciences is the largest School within UNSW Medicine, and one of the largest at UNSW. The School is based largely within the Wallace Wurth (Medicine) Building on the Kensington campus, but also includes the UNSW Lifestyle Clinic on High Street, Randwick.
Research/Job Area- Cross-disciplinary biophysical research
Location- University of New South Wales, Australia
Eligibility/Qualification– To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated expertise in cross-disciplinary biophysical research, single molecule techniques, and quantitative analysis of experimental data
- Demonstrated experience in molecular biology and cell biology, and in recombinant protein production and protein labelling
- A track record in writing scientific manuscripts as well as publishing scientific research papers in a relevant area or field, and experience in grant writing
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Experience in student and technical staff supervision or teaching
- Proven ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety policies and procedures of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
Job/Position Description- The “InteracTeam” group is part of the Single Molecule Science Unit based in the Lowy Cancer Research Centre on UNSW main campus, Kensington, NSW. The group focus is to investigate protein-protein interaction networks and the impact of pathological mutations. InteracTeam is part of a larger cohort of researchers with expertise in super-resolution fluorescence microscopy, image analysis and cell biology. The EMBL Australia Node in Single Molecule Science is a newly established research unit within the Faculty of Medicine.
About the role:
- 9-month, Fixed term contract (starting 30th March 2019 – 31st December 2019) with possible extension, depending on funding availability
- $75, 069 – $100, 090 plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading
The role of Postdoctoral Fellow will be responsible for designing and performing research experiments as well as developing new techniques to study protein complex formation in gene regulation and innate immunity.
Further details are available on the attached position description.
How to Apply- Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
For Contact- Merita O’Connell
Last Date for Apply– 10 January 2019