Postdoctoral Fellow Position 2019 in Norway – University of Oslo
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Fellow Position 2019 in Norway
University of Oslo, Norway invites application for Postdoctoral Fellow Position 2019 in Norway from eligible and interested candidates
About- The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society. Postdoctoral Fellow Position 2019 in Norway
Research/Job Area- Biostatistics, statistics or mathematics
Location- The Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, The University of Oslo, Norway
- Applicants must hold a degree equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in biostatistics, statistics or mathematics. The doctoral dissertation must be submitted for evaluation at the time point of candidate selection. Finally, appointment is dependent on the public defence of the doctoral thesis being approved
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English
The following qualifications will count in the assessment of the applicants:
- Her/his research has been in the broad area of data integration, from a Bayesian or classical point of view and has experience collaborating with scientists in other disciplines.
- Candidates to the position will have some experience and/or clear potentials to initiate, develop and manage an independent scientific programme. Some experience in advising in biostatistics is interesting.
- The role holder will possess sufficient administrative skills to manage projects and contribute to the common workload of the project.
- Candidates must demonstrate team spirit in developing their research, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with programing languages (R, Matlab, Python, C++, FEniCs or others) is necessary.
Job/Position Description- Applications are invited for a 3 year position as Postdoctoral Fellow in Biostatistics to be based at the Oslo Centre for Biostatistics and Epidemiology (OCBE), Institute of Basic Medical Sciences (IMB), the Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO), Norway.
The position is funded by the UiO Faculty of Medicine.
- Salary NOK 515 200 – 576 100 per annum depending on qualifications in position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow (position code 1352)
- Three years full time employment
- Annual paid leave for 5 weeks, plus public holidays
- A professionally stimulating working environment
- Attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement
- Access to public health services through membership of the National Insurance Scheme
- Participation in the Postdoctoral Programme at the Faculty of Medicine
How to Apply- The application must include
- Cover letter (statement of motivation, summarizing scientific work and research interest)
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- Copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only)
- A complete list of publications, including manuscripts and work in progress.
- List of reference persons: 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)
The application with attachments must be submitted through our electronic recruiting system.
Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on the documented, academic qualifications and the candidate’s motivation and personal suitability. Interviews with the best qualified candidates will be arranged.
Last Date for Apply– 16 June 2019