Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Fellow
ARC Training Centre for Automated Manufacture of Advanced Composites, Australia invites application for postdoctoral position. Candidate having PhD in Materials, Mechanical, Civil, Aerospace or Manufacturing Engineering, or a related discipline can apply online.
About-One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities. Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion. Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best. At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The ARC Training Centre for Automated Manufacture of Advanced Composites (AMAC) was recently established under the Industrial Transformation Research Program (ITRP).
Based at UNSW Sydney, AMAC is a collaboration between UNSW, ANU, the Technical University of Munich (TUM) and nine industry partners. It combines world-class composites manufacturing capabilities with a high-value, industry focused research training experience to nurture and develop future innovators.
Composites research in Australia has been identified as an area of national research strength and a key component of Federal Government’s Advanced Manufacturing innovation agenda. The research organisations (UNSW Sydney, ANU & TU Munich) provide the knowledge and cutting edge capability that, through the Centre programs, will transform advanced composites manufacturing for Australian Industries.
Research/Job area– Materials, Mechanical, Civil, Aerospace or Manufacturing Engineering, or a related discipline
Location- ARC Training Centre for Automated Manufacture of Advanced Composites, Australia
To be successful in this role you will-
PhD in Materials, Mechanical, Civil, Aerospace or Manufacturing Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated research experience and output in the following research areas:
- multi-scale modelling and simulation of composite structures and composite damage characterisation.
- Experience working on industry-based, interdisciplinary research projects applying the aforementioned knowledge and skillsets in the field of composite structural analysis and modelling, with evidence of research impact.
- Expertise in composites manufacturing (particularly automated manufacturing)
- Demonstrated track record of publishing in high quality journals and other high quality outlets.
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to foster respectful and productive working relationships and interact effectively with industry partners, staff and students in a cross-disciplinary academic environment.
- Highly developed organisational skills including the ability to work independently to set priorities, monitor work flow and meet competing deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy.
- The ability to co-supervise research students (undergraduate and postgraduate) including a willingness to undertake any compliance and supervisor training as required
- $73K – $98K plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term 48 months
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The ARC Training Centre for Automated Manufacture of Advanced Composites (AMAC) was recently established (http://advanced-composites.unsw.edu.au). AMAC is seeking to appoint a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to manage and contribute to a research theme on Simulation and Performance Prediction of composite structures; particularly those resulting from an automated manufacturing process.
The purpose of this appointment is to-
- Contribute to the objectives of an externally funded project; namely, the ARC Training Centre for Automated Manufacture of Advanced Composites
- Undertake and manage industry-focused research projects in collaboration with the Centre industry partners;
- Strengthen the School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering as an international centre of excellence in advanced composites manufacturing and characterisation.
How to Apply- You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Professor, UNSW Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering
Director, Centre for Automated Manufacture of Advanced Composites (AMAC)
Deputy Director, Centre for Sustainable Materials Research and Technology ([email protected])