Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Sweden, Uppsala University
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Sweden
Department of Ecology and Genetics, Uppsala University, Sweden invites application for Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Sweden from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Department of Ecology and Genetics, Uppsala University is an international environment with staff and students from all over the world. Our research spans from evolutionary ecology and genetics to studies of ecosystems. The Evolutionary Biology Centre is one of the leading arenas in the world for research and education in evolutionary biology. Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Sweden
Research/Job Area- Biology, genetics, genomics, bioinformatics, or another relevant field
Location- Department of Ecology and Genetics, Uppsala University, Sweden
- PhD in evolutionary biology, genetics, genomics, bioinformatics, or another relevant field.
- To be eligible to apply you must have a PhD completed within three years of the application deadline.
- If you received your PhD earlier but special circumstances exist you are also eligible to apply.
- Research group is looking for a highly motivated and competitive early career scientist with strong skills within the subject area.
- Basic experience in analyses of next-generation sequencing data is necessary, as is a strong background in comparative genomics.
- Candidates must be good at communicating in spoken as well as written English.
- Emphasis will also be placed on personal skills such as communication and collaboration skills, ability to work independently, scientific maturity and creativity.
Programming skills (e.g., Perl, Python, or R) are desirable.
Job/Position Description- A position as a postdoctoral fellow in evolutionary genetics is available at the Department of Ecology and Genetics, Evolutionary biology program.
Duties: Analysis of next-generation sequencing data; comparative genomics of GC content evolution in “hidden genes” and repetitive elements, especially on microchromosomes.
Position: Temporary full-time position for 24 months, according to central collective agreement.
Salary: Individual salary.
Starting date: 2019-09-01 or as otherwise agreed.
How to Apply- The application should include
1) A letter of intent describing yourself, your research background and interests, and why you would be suitable for the position (max. 2 pages).
2) Your CV and publication list.
3) The names and contact information to at least two reference persons (e-mail address and phone no.).
4) A copy of your PhD certificate,
5) Any unpublished work that you would like to present in support of your application.
The application should be written in English.
Last Date for Apply– 20 June 2019