Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Australia, University of New South Wales
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Australia
University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia invites application for Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Australia from eligible and interested candidates
About- EPICentre (Expanded Perception & Interaction Centre) is a shared UNSW research centre located at the UNSW Art & Design campus. The Centre undertakes visualisation research in the fields of art, design, science, medicine and engineering. UNSW’s EPICentre makes decades of accumulated historic and massive new data visually accessible. The most advanced facility of its kind, UNSW’s EPICentre represents the next generation in medical imaging technologies, engineering, high-performance visualisation, simulations and applied artificial intelligence. This groundbreaking new interdisciplinary Centre applies integrated design thinking and interdisciplinary approaches to research to enable scientists to see their research data in real time and three dimensions. Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Australia
Research/Job Area- Computer Science, Engineering, Design or a relevant field
Location- University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Doctoral qualifications in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or a relevant field of study with ademonstrated track-record of science innovation and creativity and a willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches to support scientific investigations.
- Experience conducting research in Narrative Visualisation, Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, DeepLearning for Simulations.
- High levels of oral and written communication and ability to represent the team at national and international conferences or events.
- $75k-$100k per annum plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term for 2 years
- Full-Time (35 hours per week)
The Postdoctoral Fellow in Visualisation + Simulation + AI, will actively be involved in the research activities and projects undertaken at the EPICentre and assist in developing new (participatory) visual analytics techniques using mixed reality approach to link simulations with collaborative, complex interactive data exploration, placing human-in-the-loop and to build continuous Artificial Intelligence AI-based engines. This position will contribute towards conceiving and implementing new visual and compute outputs, software packages, platforms and demonstrations as part of EPICentre projects and programs of research.
How to Apply- You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
For Contact- Associate Professor Tomasz Bednarz, Director, Head of Visualisation
Last Date for Apply– 24 March 2019