Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019 in Netherlands, University of Groningen
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019 in Netherlands
University of Groningen, Netherlands invites application for Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019 in Netherlands from eligible and interested candidates
About- The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, City of Talent. Quality has had top priority for four hundred years, and with success: the University is currently in or around the top 100 on several influential global ranking lists. Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019 in Netherlands
The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) harbours a kaleidoscope of disciplines and research strengths. Our programmes in research and education range from nanomaterials and biomachinery to astronomy, from mathematics to pharmacy, from neurosciences to computer science, and from molecular and evolutionary biology to engineering and technology.
Research/Job Area- Engineering and Technology (1.0 FTE) (219141)
Location- University of Groningen, Netherlands
Eligibility/Qualification– You have:
• a PhD, obtained no longer than 3 years ago, preferably from another university than the University of Groningen
• a promising research record
• affinity with teaching; individuals with actual teaching experience will be favoured
• an excellent command of English.
Job/Position Description- The research area of the FSE fellow will be in Mechatronics and/or (Biomedical) Robotics and/or Systems & Control.
You will participate in the courses ‘Multidisciplinary project’ and ‘Prosthetics and Orthotics’ by giving lectures related to the design process and by supervising student groups that perform design assignments. You will supervise students during their master’s project and internship, especially when they have a design assignment. Furthermore, you will coordinate and provide lectures in the BME course of “Signals and Systems for IEM/BME”. It involves also the coordination of teaching assistants in the tutorial classes, as well as the lab practical sessions.
The position is embedded in ENgineering and TEchnology institute Groningen (ENTEG).
The University of Groningen offers a starting salary depending on the date you obtained your PhD and your postdoctoral years. The UFO-profile Researcher/Lecturer (scale 10) applies. In addition to the primary salary the University offers 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%:
• 0 years: € 3,255 gross per month for a full-time position
• 1 year: € 3,389 gross per month for a full-time position
• 2 years: € 3,514 gross per month for a full-time position
• 3 years: € 3,637 gross per month for a full-time position.
You will have an initial appointment of one year that will be extended by 3 years if you perform satisfactorily. The fellowship will not be extended after the four years period.
The preferred starting date is before August 2019.
The Girl in Room 105 – by Chetan Bhagat
How to Apply- Interested candidates are invited to submit a complete onlie application including:
• a letter of motivation
• a curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
• a short description (max 1 A4) of your teaching interests (extra attachment 1)
• a short description (max 1 A4) of your scientific field of interest (extra attachment 2).
In this stage of recruitment research group don’t ask for reference letters.
- Yvonne Folkers, Coordinator of the FSE Fellowship Programme,[email protected]
Please do not use the e-mail address(es) above for applications.
Last Date for Apply– 28 April 2019