Postdoctoral Fellowship in USA, University of Florida, USA
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Fellowship in USA
University of Florida, USA invites application for Postdoctoral Fellowship in USA from eligible and interested candidates
About- The International Center at the University of Florida is pleased to invite applications for the John J. and Katherine C. Ewel Fellowship Program in Ecology and Environmental Science in the Tropics and Subtropics. This program will enable a recent doctorate recipient to study ecology and environmental sciences at the University of Florida (UF). The Fellow will work for two years with a University of Florida faculty member in any department to create new knowledge in any area of tropical and subtropical ecology. Postdoctoral Fellowship in USA
Research/Job Area- Ecology and Environmental Science
Location- University of Florida, USA
More opportunity – Herchel Smith Postdoctoral Fellowships in University of Cambridge, UK
- Candidates for the 2020 Ewel Fellowship should have received their PhD no earlier than five years.
- Candidates with a doctorate or equivalent in any field are eligible, and they may propose research projects in any discipline related to ecology and the environment. All successful candidates will be able to demonstrate experience performing scholarly research.
- Each candidate must secure a commitment letter from one or more UF faculty to serve as a mentor and to provide office and lab space for the two-year fellowship. The UF sponsor’s expertise should provide a significant opportunity to broaden the candidate’s own research expertise.
- The University of Florida is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and non-US citizens are encouraged to apply.
- Only individuals may apply.
- Candidates may have received their PhD degree from any university in the world except the University of Florida. Foreign nationals must be proficient in English (writing and speaking).
- Successful candidates should be prepared to commit to work at UF for the full two years, which includes time spent overseas doing research. The fellowship requires residency at UF for at least half of the fellowship period, i.e., 12 months, not necessarily continuous.
- Applicant’s prior academic and professional success and his or her potential contribution to scholarship or practice.
- UF faculty member commitment, enthusiasm and tangible support for the proposed project and fellow, and the ability to provide office space and a productive work environment.
- UF PhD graduates are ineligible.
- Must have filed their dissertation before starting their appointment in June 2020.
- International doctoral students or recent PhD graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The fellowship will provide an annual stipend of $54,000 plus an annual allowance of $15,000 for health insurance, research support, professional development, and travel.
How to Apply- A complete postdoctoral fellowship application consists of the following:
- 1. Completed application form.
- 2. Project summary, limited to one page.
- 3. Project description, limited to five pages including all figures and tables.
- 4. References cited (does not count against the five page limit).
- 5. Biographical sketch (e.g., curriculum vitae), limited to two pages. List publications separately.
- 6. Current and pending support.
- 7. An abstract of your dissertation.
- 8. Two letters of support
- a. From your UF mentor which includes a two page curriculum vitae from the mentor
- b. From your thesis/dissertation adviser
Last Date for Apply– 6 January 2020